how's the room service?

oakleys

I finally found the room service menus for both.

Here is the link to Carnivals...

http://unofficialcarnivalwiki.com/wiki/Room_Service_Menu

Here is the web shots pictures of RCCL's, there are 4 pages so just keep clicking "next" on the right. This is from 2004 though so there is probably a newer copy available out there.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1223124315061926927JRRpHx

One of our favorite things to do on our cruises is to eat breakfast on the balcony. We could order it at night to be delivered at a certain time in the mornings, and they would always call and tell us they were on the way. We didn't have to set our alarm. This was great for at sea days when we could be lazy, and even better on port days, because we wanted to be off the ship early. Didn't have to wait in line at Windjammer.

We were on Freedom in February, and had an amazing time. Even though the ship was full, it never seemed crowded, and I could actually find a lounge chair without having to "move" someone else's towel who hadn't been there in hours. I went on this trip through my job (had a great year!), and the last trip I earned through work, the service was off in the dining room- I think because the staff knew the company was paying the tips no matter what. However, on the Freedom, the waiters were great. We didn't sit at the same table each night- we were free to sit anywhere in our section, but no matter who we had, the service was outstanding. Would love to go again.

And on top of what's on the room service menu, you can go take a look at the menu posted outside the dining room, go back to your room and order any of those foods as well, except the aforementioned lobster and filets. That's to insure the filet is not overdone on the way down I presume. We plan on ordering from the dining room menu on next week's Liberty cruise.

sound's great, we are trying to decide on either Freedom, or carnival legend. the thing i like about the legend, is that we can get an expanded balcony. so for a family of 4 that would be nice. but we would also love to try RCI & see how amazing the freedom is.

You can get oversized balconies on RCI as well (aft). I know on the Voyager class ships some of the lowest category E1 cabins on the aft corners are huge compared to others at the same price. You can look at photo comparisons on www.voyager-class.com The one that I have booked on Mariner is 7688 and the balcony is larger than the 9A wrap balconies on the Carnival Conquest class ships. I am not sure if the Freedom offers the same sizes in the aft balconies.

On Carnival I thought the room service menu was somewhat limited but good enough after a long day in port and no other options but pizza with long lines. BLT's and Brownies tasted pretty good. :)

thank's donna, but we are taking our kid's to, so i think the aft is out. and we are probably going on freedom

I only have 1 DD and we take her on every cruise. I looked at Freedom as well but we can drive to Port Canaveral so I chose Mariner instead. The cabin I booked holds 3 so it was great for us. Good luck with your cruise!:)

Archived