400 bus from Cagnes sur Mer to St Paul

As i understand it, I must catch the 400 bus from Cagnes sur Mer to St Paul de Vence. I have a couple of questions that i couldn't find the answers to doing a search. From the train station in Cagnes sur Mer where is the bus stop located going to St Paul? Also how often do the buses run. I read it is about a 15 min ride. Is there any chance of getting a taxi in Cagnes sur Mer? If so how much? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

We just tried to do this on 9/8:mad:

On exiting the station, turn right and follow the road for ? 400 yards. The bus stop is on the opposite side - you can't miss it. But the bus sailed past full. We tried to get a taxi but there wasn't a taxi rank - just a number to phone. My telephone french is too poor to make that feasible -plus the only public phones use cards and there was nowhere to buy one!

There were about 8 cruisers trying to get to St Paul. One man who could speak french fluently managed to call a taxi - it was the only one, and the driver promised to return. We gave up at this stage and caught the train back to Villefranche, but the couple who did wait...and wait...and wait.....said he wanted 30 eoros to take them - so they caught the following train back to Villefranche too!

The moral is - don't try to do St Paul by public transport on a sunday:mad:

Next time, we'll take a ship tour!!

Archived