Aft cabin for a seasick prone daughter???

tiggypooo

We have a chance to upgrade from 2 cabins midship, to a higher level and 2 aft. cabins.
I've heard so many say how wonderful these cabins are that I'm intrigued enough to move.
One problem though, my daughter will be in the other cabin and she is prone to motion sickness.
I plan on feeding her Dramamine each day, whether she needs it or not, but would this be enough to allow her to enjoy the aft. cabin?
I have read that the inside passage trip is relatively calm and seasickness isn't too much of a problem.
This is our first cruise so any opinions would be a real help.
Thanks

I have yet to sail the inside passage, but have sailed the Caribbean several times. I am prone to seasickness - I get woozy while we are docked! LOL I think you are doing the right thing bringing meds for her - and keeping her on them for the entire trip. We had aft cabins on our last cruise and I didn't notice any real difference. The only time I felt woozy was when I forgot to take my meds. I'd go for the upgrade if I were you! I have heard great things about the seasickness "bands" and will be taking them with me on my upcoming cruise (along with the usual meds - just in case) - to see how they do. Good luck!

Tracy

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;6;26;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]
DIAMOND ALASKA

I had an aft cabin and had no motion sickness because I wore the seabands. I'd say take the upgrade. BTW, I was sick on my first three cruises and had given up on cruises until my sister told me about the seabands. I haven't been seasick or carsick since then. Have a great time.

I find that if I take a 24 hour Bonine tablet at bedtime each night it doesn't make me sleepy the next day and fends off seasickness. Also, ginger tablets are good, but crystalized ginger works better for me. You can get the crystalized ginger at any grocery store, it's usually where the dried fruits are sold.

I'd say take the aft cabins - but try your daughter on Bonine, ginger or combination of both. I've a seasick-prone son and the ginger/bonine worked pretty well. I think Dramamine may make her too sleepy/fuzzy to enjoy herself.

Ell [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;9;26;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]
Coral Princess - Trancanal on Sept 26, 2004

Thanks so much everyone for all your great ideas.
I'd never heard of the ginger before but I'll sure give it a try.
I've never seen Bonine but will go looking for that too.
27 days and counting..............

Archived