Group of six to Tampa Questions

linsue1231

We are a Group of six adults cruising out of Tampa....Here are my questions..

Anyone know a hotel that sleeps six?

What transportation company should we use at the airport to hotel, if hotel does not provide it...any suggestions on van transports?

Thanks for any help.

Linda

There is an Embassy Suites near the pier that might sleep 6-it's in downtown Tampa close to the pier,the streetcar and lots of things to do.

Also, there is a Publix about 3-4 blocks away, and Channelside (shops and dining right at the pier-you could walk or take the streetcar) There is also a trolley that runs in the area as well.

Otherwise, I don't think there is much that would sleep 6. Oh, there is a Residence inn by Marriott downtown too.......it's farther away from the pier and I didn't see anything around restaurant wise.

http://www.tampabayshuttle.com/

you could try the above for transportation.....never used them,but saw them everywhere.......

We have 6 in my group and we're staying at the Chase Suites. Cant give a review yet as we're going this weekend, but they have a 2 bedroom suite that holds 6 and I got it for a total of $234.00 for one night! Thats the ship to shore package, which includes shuttle transfers from airport to hotel, hotel to pier, pier to hotel (since our return flight doesnt leave until 6pm) and hotel to airport! Cant beat that price at all!!

Renee

FYI the Chase Suties used to be an old-style Marriott Residence Inn-the generation one type property that was separate 2-story buildings....no elevator.......just an FYI.....many people are familiar with that style Residence Inn.

It gets better than average reviews on trip advisor.

I recently stayed at the Embassy and you should be able to sleep six in their suites, It might be a little tight in the bathroom, but they have two queen beds and the a pull out couch in the living room of the suite. The hotel is within walking distance of the cruise terminal. You can even see the ship if you get a room facing the terminal. The Embassy doesn't have a shuttle of their own, but they work with a shuttle company called Blue One. Ask them about it when you book the room. The shuttle company charges 3 dollars a person to take you to the terminal and then $10 dollars a person to take you to the airport. They were very quick and reliable. The front desk at the hotel can arrange the shuttle for you. You can also take the trolley to the terminal if you want too as that leaves right in front of the hotel. The Embassy is a great hotel in a good location. Their breakfast in the morning is great and they have manager's reception every evening with free drinks.

FYI the Chase Suties used to be an old-style Marriott Residence Inn-the generation one type property that was separate 2-story buildings....no elevator.......just an FYI.....many people are familiar with that style Residence Inn.

It gets better than average reviews on trip advisor.

I have stayed at the Chase Suites 2 or 3 times for business and it is ok. The place was a Marriott Res Inn years ago. For the most part things are in pretty good shape and the place has a very good breakfast and happy hour every day which it is know for. There are some good places to eat close by including a Bahama Breeze right next door. There is also a Seafood place across R60 (think that is it) in the Radison Hotel which is pretty good.

If you stay at a Residence Inn I think the one closer to the airport is better than the one downtown near the Convention Center and I have stayed in both. The one downtown is VERY close to an area of town you really may not feel comfortable in at night but it is closer to the port. The one downtown shares a pool area with a Courtyard and there is gated parking.

We are a Group of six adults cruising out of Tampa....Here are my questions..

Anyone know a hotel that sleeps six?

What transportation company should we use at the airport to hotel, if hotel does not provide it...any suggestions on van transports?

Thanks for any help.

Linda

There were five of us that just stayed at Chase Suites and loved it. You have 2 King sized beds (in 2 separate bedrooms) and a pull out couch. There are also 2 bathrooms, a full kitchen and fireplaced living room and 3 tv's. One of the things I loved was that they picked us up at the airport, drove us to the cruiseport and then picked us up at the cruiseport and drove us to the airport on the way back. During our stay they also drove us to Walmart and the liquor store. They also serve a continental breakfast in the morning. I booked this through Park, Shuttle and Fly and it was $179 total.

Hello Kellismom.....

So when did you stay at the Chase Suites? I have 4 adults and 2 kids I need a room for. We will also need ride from/to airport and to/from pier. Did they charge extra for more people? I also like that they took you to wal-mart. We plan on getting last minute items, ie. sunblock, soda, beer you know!

Please feel free to e-mail me with more information!

Thanks,

Lori

nanners214@yahoo.com

• 3 weeks later...

I've stayed at the Sheraton at the airport. Get a room w/2 double beds. Then there is a pullout couch in the LR that can sleep 2. Not the most comfortable to sleep on a pullout with another person, but hey for one night and looking forward to a cruise, who cares. Room also has wet bar, microwave and fridge, table and chairs. Nice hotel. Free shuttle from airport also. Now, I'm just figuring out the best way for 6 of us to get from there to the port. I think we'll have a rental because we plan to hit the beach, but looking for who will let us drop at port. Good luck!

Archived