We are back from our wedding cruise!!!!

JPerry

We are back from our wedding cruise, so i thought i would give you all the information :D

First of all, our wedding was beautiful, and we had the best time ever!!!

We were married on RCCL, Monarch of the Seas, it was beautiful ship, i could not have asked for more out of RCCL.

We were married on Monday Sep. 3, 2007. We live in Las Vegas, NV and we had to be in Los Angeles, Ca to board the ship. We stayed at the Holiday Inn the night before, in San Pedro, CA. My now husband stayed in one room with his friends and I stayed in another room with my friends. The point of that was to try not to see each other until the wedding. ( that was impossible) We got to the ship terminal on Monday at 10:00am. I was so nervouse that I wouldnt be able to get on the ship because of the problem with me only having a "certificate of birth". Well they didnt even look twice at it and let us on!:) We were supposed to have early boarding but it ended up that we got on the ship just about the same time as everyone else, at this point i didnt care, i was just happy that we were able to go on the cruise!

Our wedding coordinator met us in the terminal. There was also another wedding that was going to take place that day. Our wedding coordinator came over and then said she would be right back, well we didnt see her for a while, and it turns out she was over helping the other wedding party. Thats when i started getting upset, because we has to pay for 2 wedding coordinators because we had 30 guests. My fiance finally went over to her and told her that we were supposed to have 2 wedding coordinators and we had only met her. He let her know that she needed to help us if she was our coordinator. After that she stuck close to us and finally our other coordinator showed up.

The wedding coordinators were very helpful, a little pushy but they kept us on time. We signed our marriage certificate, and then boarded the ship about 11:45am.

I had already had my hair and makeup done so when we got to out stateroom all i had to do was put on my dress. The wedding coordinators told me they would come get me at 12:45pm. The wedding was supposed to start at 1pm. While my bridesmaids and i were getting ready, one of them tells me that she forgot het shoes that go with her dress, and that hey were in her checked luggage. My maid of honor then says that she also forgot her shoes. I was so upset at first, but then i said to myself that everything was going to be ok and they could walk bare foot! It actually looked pretty cute :)

While i was getting ready i had asked some of the guests to go down to the Circuit Lounge where the wedding and reception would be held and start decorating. The wedding coordinators came and got me at 12:45 sharp and took me to the circuit lounge. The photographer was there and took many pictures of me while i was waiting to make my entrance.

The wedding starts, the place was beautiful! We had met our officiant in the terminal, and she seamed on top of things, we also told her that we were doing the sand ceremony and we gave her the words for that. She said she had never done a sand ceremony but she thought it was a great idea. Well that was the one thing i wish i could have changed! The officiant messed up our vows and all of the wording so bad :( , she made me say "i Do" twice in 2 different parts of the ceremony, and she kept stumbeling over her words. Maybe this was her first wedding, but she really medded up the ceremony. I was very upset about it because it wasnt one of those little things that people wouldnt notice, everyone noticed.

After the ceremony, we had some food, which was very good, we had the lunch buffet, then our photographer took us around the ship to take pictures, she did a great job!

Then we came back to the reception and danced. Our D.J. was good. And overall we had a great time.

The cruise was amazing, we had the best vacation/honeymoon ever!

Here are some tips that i think may be helpful

1. If you are getting married on the day you sail out, have your hair and makeup done before you get on the ship so that all you have to do is put on your dress.

2. Dont stress too much, just make the best of it, things will go wrong but dont let it ruin your day.

3.If you get a D.J. and want certain songs played, burn them on a CD and make a list of the songs and what order to play them in.

4. If you are doing the sand ceremony bring the wording with you.

5. Assign guests to help with decorating the reception place, you will not have time to do this. Make a list of everything that needs to be done.

6. Wear your dress for as long as you can that day!!! It was so fun to walk throught the ship and have people say congratulations. We also had to do the muster drill with our life vests over our wedding clothes which made great photos!

7. Take all of the paperwork from RR with you in a folder, your coordinators may not really know whats going on, you definately have to stay on top of them.

I will post our pictures very soon!

I am trying to get pictures up but Shutterfly is being difficult right now, I do have some of our wedding pictures on my space if you want to look at them, as soon as i can figure out how to get the rest on here i will.:)

http://www.myspace.com/jessicatenelle

Your pictures are beautiful and I am so happy that everything worked out for you in the end! Congrats! :)

Congrats to You!! Thanks so much for posting after your wedding!! Love all the pictures you looked so fab!!!

The decorations that are in your room...Did you purchase them or did someone surprise you? I wanted to pay for it to be decorated...and did they wait until after you were married to decorate your room? Did the flower petals come with it??

Thanks again...:D

Diana

Thank you!

The decorations were a package the could be purchased through Royal Caribbean, if you go to their web site it will be under gifts and gear i beleive. My husband had that done! It was so awesome to have our room decorated for the whole week. The Blue and white decorations and the door sign were one package, and the rose petals and champagne were another package. He also had chocolate covered strawberries delivered to our room. It was very sweet of him, i did not expect that at all.

After the wedding and reception we went to our room and the streamers and door sign were up, and the strawberries were in the room. Then that night after dinner we went to our room and the rose petals were there. He wanted it all done at the same time, but it was nice to have a couple different surprises!!!! I would recomend doing this for your honeymoon, it was very nice:D

• 3 months later...
If you got married on the ship, what is a "Sand Ceremony?"

A sand ceremony is where you have three vases, two with different types of sand. The bride and groom each pour some of their individual sand into a third vase, which represents the two people becoming one. There is wording that goes along with it as well! :) It's similar to the traditional unity candle in a 'typical' wedding.

Hope this helps!

Where can you get wording for the sand ceremony? Also, do people bring wording for whoever is doing the ceremony, if it is at a beach?

Thanks!

Colleen

If you Google sand ceremony vows or verses you'll find all sorts of variations of the wording. We had one chosen and our officiant also had the wording available. His was really close to ours so we just used his! :)

Archived