Tears...................

kylescoolmom

Nothing wrong with you at all!!

I cry when we get to the airport, when we get on the ship, formal night dinners, the last dinner night, riding back to the airport from the ship.... and lots of other times during the cruise, too.

But the OP is crying BEFORE the cruise. :)

Does anyone else feel this? Over whelmed that your cruise of finally here????

Every time I turn around tears are streaming down my face. At this point there is nothing holding me back.

I was never was soooo happy about a vacation.

What the heck is wrong with me???

Nothing wrong at all. Can't say I've felt the exact same way but when I go on vacations I seriously look forward to it and when it finally gets there much happiness is involved. Enjoy your cruise! Everybody needs a vacation but is it one of those much needed times to get away? If so...have the best time ever!

I start to get all choked up when I finally hear that ship's horn as we start to pull away from the dock. To me it signals that we're finally there and that all the blood sweat and tears to get there were worth it. It also signals, let's get this party started!:D

Just wait till you get the S and S bill at the end of your cruise! :eek:

Now that brings tears to my eyes! :p

No, seriously, I hope you (keep crying those tears of joy, and) have a wonderful cruise! Bring home a lifetime of great memories with you. :)

Thank you all for the positive comments and well wishes. I am very excited after planning for 10 months and it is finally time. I work in a very stressful job and this is well deserved. I forgot about the S&S charges. Now there is another reason to cry.. hehehee Plus the case of beer we drank yesterday did not help :p

Every time I turn around tears are streaming down my face. At this point there is nothing holding me back.

Well, whatever's wrong with you is what's wrong with me too. I cry the minute I pull into port and see the ship, I cry more when we get on and I cry the worst at sail away.

My DH likes to separate himself from me at this point. :p

If you find a cure for this (one that does not involve not getting on a ship) please post it for me.

Thank you. ;)

Having never been able to travel for much of my life, my first cruise was the most emotional for me, as it was my dream vacation. Nothing compared to that first step onto the ship, and seeing the towering atrium! I felt like a princess!

The other emotional "first" for me was on that same cruise. I commented to my daughters one day (we were standing in a quiet spot on the side of the ship) that I had always wanted to see dolphins jumping by the side of the ship in the wild (like on Titanic.) I hardly had the words out of my mouth, when I looked over the railing, and guess what? There they were, a pod of about 30 or so dolphins, jumping and playing. We couldn't believe it! They tears were coming then!

I haven't seen them since, but it was like God said "Ok, here's one for you." I've had my share of emotional lows, but those were definitely some happy moments in my life! :) *Reaching for kleenex. . .*

Just wait till you get the S and S bill at the end of your cruise! :eek:

Now that brings tears to my eyes!

No, seriously, I hope you (keep crying those tears of joy, and) have a wonderful cruise! Bring home a lifetime of great memories with you.

Some people start packing 3 weeks before their cruise!:o

Some people bore their friends that aren't going to tears wishing you would talk about something other than your upcoming cruise...:o

Some people go crazy on CC reading every bit on information for hours a day...:o and

Some people cry....

Well at least I don't cry... LOL!

I hope you have a great time - everyone has an outlet for either emotions- enjoy yours - its part of the cruise experience and the anticipation in what ever form is one of the many highlights of any cruise!;)

I will be reading these boards, and sometimes when reading a really good review that takes me back to the ship ~ I tear up! :p

Cruising is something I just discovered about two years ago and now is the biggest part of my life!! I love it and it is a very emotional thing for me as well. I like to describe myself as having a "love affair" with the ocean! The ship takes me there....

Enjoy!!

Okay so Saturday I was walking thru a street fair in NYC and a Caribbean DJ had a booth selling CD's...well the one he had playing on the speakers was that 5cent, 10cent, dollar song....it was like I was transported right back onto my last cruise ship with this happy feeling that came over me because you would hear it playing at various times during the week.

So I'm just curious who else ever has those flashbacks when they're not sailing??

Cruisegoer

9/23/07 Carnival Liberty!!

13 days

I can't say that I am overwhelmed by vacation cuz vacation is never overwhelming for me. I LIVE for it. I can tell you that seeing the ship in port that first day gets me choked up. Not sure why. I alwasy thought I was silly. It's a dumb boat for crying out loud. I guess, like the other poster stated, it's chick stuff. So,my freind, here's a tissue go ahead and have a good cry. Fill the ocean some more and then we can cruise some more. :D

Absolutely nothing wrong with you! My first cruise, I was so darned excited. I tried to contain myself, but in the van ride over from the hotel, I got sight of that ship and just started crying tears of joy. I got some weird looks from other passengers, but hey, i didn't care. I just can't contain it sometimes. You are not alone. :)

Sure. At the birth of a new baby in the family, or at the marriage of one of the kids, or something on that level. But crying before going on a vacation? The person needs help.

BnB

Killjoy!

I can totally relate ... no cooking, doing dishes, making beds, doing laundry, running my own family's personal taxi service for the length of the vacation ... instead, I get to meet fabulous new people, be pampered, eat what I want when I want it, bask in the sun, read a good book (or 5), go dancing, drink "Miami Vice's", and let go of all the stress of "normal" life!

Sniff ... brings a tear of joy to my eye just thinking about it!

Killjoy!

I can totally relate ... no cooking, doing dishes, making beds, doing laundry, running my own family's personal taxi service for the length of the vacation ... instead, I get to meet fabulous new people, be pampered, eat what I want when I want it, bask in the sun, read a good book (or 5), go dancing, drink "Miami Vice's", and let go of all the stress of "normal" life!

Sniff ... brings a tear of joy to my eye just thinking about it!

Really though...isn't this just a tad dramatic?

After we had booked and paid for our last cruise, my wife informed me that her parents wanted to go as well.

Talk about tears............:(

Archived