Coffee Card on Coral Princess

MERLOTCHAMPAGNE

We are leaving for Alaska later this week and will join up with CP on the 17th SB. I love my morning coffee especially sitting out on the balcony of our mini suite. :) I plan to purchase a coffee card. Where can I get fresh "brewed" coffee on the ship in the morning other than the dining room?

Thanks Largin, we certainly plan to..... this is our honeymoon, one year later. We took the 3 teenagers with us last year for a family cruise... they had a great time!

I read on a recent thread that if you have a coffee card and order just brewed coffee at the Patisserie, there is no charge. Is that correct??

Correct - they shouldn't punch your card or charge you for brewed coffee. Occassionally (but not often) you'll get a crew member who didn't get the and will insist on charging the coffee to your room card. If that happens, just go the pursers desk and they'll take it off your bill. We bought thermal coffee mugs when we got our cards the first day of our Coral-Alaska cruise this year and it was one of our favorite purchases (and certainly the most useful!).

Have a wonderful cruise! (tip - when we cruised on the Coral in July we found that the Promanade deck chairs on the starboard side under lifeboat station 7 get a mild warm down-draft, which takes the chill off when glacier-watching)

Is La Patesserie the only place on the Coral where the freshly brewed coffee is available? I read on the boards that it is available at some of the bars on other Princess ships. But have not seen anything about other availability on Coral.

Thanks,

We are leaving for Alaska later this week and will join up with CP on the 17th SB. I love my morning coffee especially sitting out on the balcony of our mini suite. :) I plan to purchase a coffee card. Where can I get fresh "brewed" coffee on the ship in the morning other than the dining room?

We're like you, and enjoy our coffee first thing when we wake up in the morning. And frankly neither one of us wanted to go all the way down to the Pattiserie right after rollong out of bed. So we bought a small coffee maker that comes with 2 stainless thermal mugs that are the receptacles for the coffee as it brews. We had our coffee in our room, or on our balcony everyday and loved it this way.

We also purchased a coffee card, but used it at other times during the day, and in the dining room at night for cappucino. We got our money's worth, and were very glad to have our own coffee maker in the room.

Archived