Carnival Valor vs. Caribbean Princess???

ryane369

Hello,

I'm stuck between two ship's, the Carnival Valor and Caribbean Princess sailing on November 25,2007 with one out of Fort Lauderdale and the other Miami. I have'nt sailed either ship or cruiseline in the past and i'm aware they are roughly the same year, size and price.

Which ship would you people reccomend for six single mid-twenties (2 females,4 males) looking for a lot of people our age with many activities during the day aswell as great nightlife?

Will both ship's be to capacity or close??

Pro's and con's of each ship would also be greatly appreciated!

I'm looking forward to your replies and thanks in advance!:)

we went on the caribbean princess, and a similair carnival boat. we are just a little bit older than ya'll and i can tell you that we found the princess line to be a little boring. the boat is nice but no real night life after 11. hope this helps

Thanks very much for replying!

Helps a lot, since we're not the type to be in bed at 11pm and love the disco atmosphere.

Anymore inputs would be greatly appreciated since i'm booked on princess and only have until September 11th for the full refund.:)

I have been on both ships. In my opinion the Caribbean Princess is a nicer ship than the Carnival Valor. The food and entertainment on both ships is very good. The Carnival Valor, may have a little more night life if that is what you are looking for. I highly recommend these two ships to anyone.

We are looking at the Valor as well for the same dates. The night life on the Glory back in May was okay but nothing special. Not as wild as I had thought it would be. The way we feel, as long as we are cruisin'....all is well.

Come with us on the Valor. Three of us (all 30) will be on the 11/25 Valor sailing. Should be a great time. Have sailed on both lines several times. Carnival has slightly larger cabins with much better beds, and more entertainment offerings. I love the piano bar and disco. Princess has a little better food, 24 hr. pool, and Movies Under the Stars. Both are offering very different itineraries. Looking forward to the Valor visiting Belize and Roatan, 2 of my favorite places in the Caribbean. You might want to make your decision in this case on the ports.

Sound's like carnival cater's to a younger group, and the disco does sound fun! Well, right now i'm leaning towards cancelling my Princess and joing the Valor! However, we are flying into Fort Lauderdale. Will there be much trouble getting transfers?

We just sailed the Valor in August. My husband and I will be doing Princess in March for reasons I have previously posted. However, My two kids, 21 and 24 and friends 25 and 22 had a great time on the Valor. Its a great ship and great itinerary especially if you are active/athletic as all the young adults we were with were.

I've been on both ships and you will be happy on either one. If your looking for basically nightlife then Carnival will have a little edge there. But you have to realize that the nightlife is what you make it. It may also be quiet at night on Carnival depending on the people on the ship on your particular cruise. Another fun thing to think about is that Princess has the "Movies Under the Stars" on the Carribean Princess. That may also appeal to your group. They play movies, sports, rock concerts all day and night up on the Lido deck at the pool. Whatever you decide, enjoy, and then you can experience the other at a later time.:)

Archived