RCI post cruise tour in Philadelphia

einid

This is our first cruise to Bermuda and we are leaving from Philadelphia on October 13. We booked a later flight on October 20 to fly home in order that we could avail ourselves of a post cruise tour of Philadelphia before flying home (we're from Ontario) Have always cruised with HAL before and they always have a tour you can take prior to being taken to the airport for departure. I have now been informed by RCI that they have no such thing. Any suggestions?:confused:

It's easy to see Philadelphia yourself. Take a cab to Old City and you can stroll around to see Betsy Ross's house, Liberty Bell, etc.

There are horse drawn carriages in the streets.

Then make sure you visit South Street, it's a hip place with great restaurants and eclectic stores. And you HAVE TO HAVE A PHILLY CHEESESTEAK. I suggest:

Jim's (2nd and South Street)

traditionalists will send you to Pat's and Geno's at 9th and Passyunk, but my favorite is: Tony Lukes with two locations 39 E. Oregon Ave.(across the street from each other) and they are near the sports stadiums (go Eagles)

Have fun!

There is so much to see here and October is (usually) a great month weather-wise... I work right in the historic section of philly and there are a lot of tourist friendly options here. You can get a cab back to center city (not sure of the price from the pier...I know that the cabs charge a flat rate of $25 between center city and the airport) and ask to be dropped off at 6th and market streets. From there you can head into the visitor's center (on 6th street across from the huge federal court building and generally just behind the "ride-the-duck" vehicles) for some advice, or just wander through the sites like the liberty bell and independence park yourself. I love the carriage rides (much more than the "ducks") and you get to see a lot of this part of town. The guides seem very knowledgeble and enthusiastic. The carriages are also along 6th street. If you want a snack, Cafe Toscana (on Chestnut near the corner of 6th) has amazing gelato.

enjoy your time here!

I agree that you need a philly cheesesteak. I vote for Jim's. It's my favorite (and since it's on south street, you can wander around down there afterwards!).

Archived