April 9-11 whats up in Ft Lauderdale

marjmy

Just a query as to whether something is going on that week end as I am finding alot of the hotels have no rooms, maybe I am looking too early, just tried to book something at Amerisuites and was told to what until Octoberand the new prices would be out.
Thanks for any info
Marjorie

• 4 weeks later...
I've been wondering the same thing. I've been looking at April 8th. Most hotels website are showing booked or rates of $200+. It may be the spring boat show. Valuetrips won't give rates until October, my bids on Priceline were rejected first try. It is available on their own website for $110 no refund. I'm think I may bite the bullet and just go for that.

I just got hotel for April 8 through Priceline.Got La Quinta Inn at Fort Lauderdale Airport.It is a 2star, but sounds very nice. Got great reviews on Tripadvisor.It has free shuttle service to and from airport and free breakfast.I got it for $42 plus tax.I tried $40 and got rejected, so I tried again for $42.I am very pleased.We are going on the Dawn Princess on April 9.What ship are you going on?

Following DIANE F's lead, I just got the La Quinta for $41. through Priceline.com for our April pre-cruise (4/9/5). I read all the positive reviews on tripadvisor.com, and I think this will be a great pre-cruise stay!
Now I have to figure if it will be appropriate for the rest of the family (ttl 4 couples and 5 kids) for our June family pre-cruise :D

So what do you all suggest for our trip to Miami the following morning? Shuttle transfers from FLL to the hotel are included, and the location of La Quinta seems to be in the center of things, so I'm leaning towards a limo or something similar the following morning, rather than renting a car for the night... suggestions anyone?

A

Glad I was able to help.Are you staying there the night of the 8th or 9th?I bidded $40 and got rejected,so went to $42.I guess I should have tried $41,could have saved $1(lol).I am still very pleased.Have not read anything negative about the hotel.What ship are you cruising on?It looks like it is out of Miami,not Fort Lauderdale.

Hi! We'll be coming while you are leaving :D We're staying over on the 9th, and sailing out of Miami on the Radiance of the Seas on the 10th... celebrating our 20th anniversary! (no kids!!!!! yippee!!!!!)
Thanks for the heads up with this hotel. Prior to your post I was resigned to staying at a 4* or resort :eek: based on the inconsistant reviews I was finding! This place sounds perfect for us!
See you 'round the boards!
A

• 10 months later...
I stayed at the La Quinta Inn last April and really did like it. You have a short walk to restaurants. There is also a mall close by. We ate at the Red Lobster and it was really good. There is a nice pool by the lake. We had a lakeview room and hope to get one again when we stay on Nov.7th the night before our Sun Princess cruise leaves Fort Lauderdale.
Linda

Linda:Did you get La Quinta through Priceline for November?If so, how much did you have to bid to get it?I am hoping to get it again for April of next year.Have not tried bidding yes, as I figure it is too early.I think April might be more expensive than November anyway.We thought it was a great place to stay.

I think that Easter/Spring Break is what possibly are causing the FLL hotels to be full and/or higher priced. Palm Sunday is April 9th and many schools are closed the week between Palm Sunday and Easter Sunday. I know Spring Break can range from Mid-March till Mid-April depending on the area, where i live the Universities have break in March but the regular schools are closed the week of Easter..

Spring Break and some schools have an earlier "winter break" as well. This year Fort Lauderdale is also hosting the King Tut exhibit from December 15 to April 23. Reservations are apparently quite strong as many hotels are sold out for many dates and the rates are through the roof at what's left.

Archived