Highly Disappointed.

dbeers2618

Finally, a voice of reason.

No Pirates Please point is well taken. If I receive a bad first impression, it is usually that impression that sticks with me. Conversely, the same is true of a good impression. It is that first impression that sticks. The same can be said of a last impression.

Too often on ALL of the cruise boards, including NCL, a new cruiser will post a review. They may have lurked on these boards, never heard of them until someone told them about them while they were cruising, or have posted previous to their cruise. They have a negative experience (in their eyes), they write about it and they get slammed by the so called experts of whatever line they are posting on. And usually, in the first page or two, there is the dreaded "oh look, his/her first post and nothing but negatives, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm".

They get blasted for only reviewing negative things. However, human nature is what it is. If their first impressions of the ship were a dirty room, or lousy service, or whatever, that is what they are going to write about. Negative things.

Sometimes, I think too many of the "experienced cruisers" wear rose-colored glasses when cruising . . . . . and that is fine. However to view someone else's experience through those glasses doesn't do anybody any good.

I am an experienced cruiser (20 cruises), but I am also a perceptive consumer. I have written more than a handful of reviews. I am able to balance the good with the bad . . . . it is a review. Not all is going to be good and certainly not all is going to be bad.

I have been on all the mass market cruise lines, and on all more than once. I certainly have my favorite and my least favorite. NCL falls into neither category. However, I have sailed with NCL 3 times. Two of those cruises were excellent, the last was just above horrid . . . . . guess which one sticks out in my mind. That cruise was almost 8 years ago. Have not been back on NCL since. But, in less than two weeks my wife and I will be doing a 11 day NE/Canada cruise. I am going because of a great itinerary at a super price. I am going even though I am am leery of free style cruising (well actually dining). With that one exception, I am going without any expectations . . none. I will be looking at this cruise harder than all others we have been on, because I am giving NCL that "second chance". It is up to them, if they want me to be a repeat consumer.

I will let you all know how it turns out when we get back. GOOD, BAD OR INDIFFERENT.[/size][/color]

we will be anxious to hear from you, yes, bad impressions can be hard to overcome. For us it has been years since we have sailed RCI, neither of our cruises with them were awful, but just missing certain things and yes, we remember the little annoying monments. Will we cruise them again? Maybe, I never come to these boards and let people know how bad a line is cause none are. If we do cruise them again, it will be with the attitude you are cruising NCL> Which NCL ship will you be on?

Nita

We leave on the Norwegian Dawn on Sunday the 23rd.

We are looking forward to the trip with much anticipation. All but one of our cruises to date have been on Caribbean itineraries. The exception being a Mexican Riviera a couple of years ago.

This of course is completely foreign to those cruises.

Finally, a voice of reason.

No Pirates Please point is well taken. If I receive a bad first impression, it is usually that impression that sticks with me. Conversely, the same is true of a good impression. It is that first impression that sticks. The same can be said of a last impression.

[/size][/color]

Man, I just read that over myself. Did it make any sense to any of you, cause it sure as he** didn't make any sense to me. :D :D Basically what I meant to say was that first impressions are lasting impressions, and last impressions can become just as ingrained on one's mind.

Archived