Scuba Options - Western Caribbean

psbtrvlr

3 of my family are open water certified and usually try to dive in 1 or 2 ports when we cruise. I am the 'activities director'....... I usually pick their dive spots for them. This time I have chosen Grand Cayman. The other places we are considering are Ocho Rios Jamaica (I've heard mixed reviews on this one), and Bahamas off of Eluethera. What do you think? Been diving in either of these places? I just need 1 more for them.

Thanks for your help!

Just recently, while not on a cruise, we were on Grand Cayman for 11 days of diving. We dove the East End and the North Wall. The North Wall was amazing! While on cruises to the Western Caribbean, we try to get itineraries that visit Cayman, Cozumel, Belize, and Roatan. Diving at Ambergris Caye in Belize and Roatan are also fantastic! In fact, we just launched a group cruise on the Valor for March and will be visiting all 4 dive spots. Can't wait! Happy diving.

My husband and son recently did scuba in Grand Cayman. They did a shore dive at Eden Rock and Devil's Grotto. They paid for a guide and had an amazing dive. It is within walking distance of where the cruise ship dock is located. We highly recommend it for a shore dive. Wonderful visibility.

Archived