Queen and Crescent Hotel

Al_Frescoe

Queen & Crescent is on Camp Street, in the central business district, about four blocks from the French Quarter and about ten blocks from the cruise terminal. It was converted from an office building into a hotel about ten years ago. I haven't stayed there, but the lobby is very nice and people I know who have stayed there have been very happy with it.

We are booked at this hotel for 4 nights pre cruise in late April. Is it a nice place?

Comments appreciated.

Al

Hi Al,

I usually stay in the Queen and Cresent when I go to New Orleans. (Usually, twice a year.) It's a decent hotel for the money. Not too fancy, but it's not a dive either. The rooms are on the small side unless you've booked a suite, but I only sleep there, so it works for me. :)

Hi Al,

I usually stay in the Queen and Cresent when I go to New Orleans. (Usually, twice a year.) It's a decent hotel for the money. Not too fancy, but it's not a dive either. The rooms are on the small side unless you've booked a suite, but I only sleep there, so it works for me. :)

Thanks for the reply Karen.

:)

• 3 weeks later...

OK, sorry this reply took so long, but I stayed at the Queen & Crescent on September 4th, and it was OK. Like a previous poster said, it was nothing fancy and not a total dump. Our room was EXTREMELY small because it was in a corner of the building and should have been turned into a linen closet! I know the rooms are slightly smaller then your average hotel room, but ours was TINY! Even when we walked in the bellman said, "wow, this room is SMALL!" He then asked if it would be ok or if we would like for him to try to get us another room. We are not picky since we weren't going to be in the room other then to sleep so we said no. The room was clean and the staff was friendly so as long as you are not in my room, it should be fine. Happy Cruising!

Archived