it's starting to feel real! anyone have a St Thomas wedding?

monlyba

we finally figured out a plan (well, I did... DF is just like, "figure it all out and tell me where to show up!")!! I've been debating back and forth on which cruise, which port to get married in, etc for a couple of months. all we knew for sure was when we wanted to get married, and that we wanted to incorporate it into a cruise!

I finally chose Carnival Splendor (BRAND NEW ship, I'm SOOO excited about that!). it's 7-nights, leaving from Ft. Lauderdale, and will stop in some great places. it will be in St. Thomas the day we want to marry, so that's where our wedding will be. we're going to set up a group reservation on Monday... it will feel so real when we start putting money down! and we designed an engagement announcement (attached - I'm rather proud of it! ;) ), so soon I'll be sending those out to friends and family.

is anyone else planning a St. Thomas wedding, or gotten married recently there? I've been checking out local wedding service companies and have narrowed it down to a few I like (based on the info on their websites). many of them recommend going in person back to the courthouse after the ceremony to pick up the "official" certificate... but you could also have it turned in by the officiant and mailed to you later. I'm not sure if it really makes any difference, I mean we don't NEED to have it before we leave the island, do we?

jmtake2-resized.jpg.955ce5c3bae70fbf012cad6cc544b9bf.jpg

We had a destination wedding before there really was such a thing.

We got info from the Virgin Island Tourist board...And did it our self..

Staying on land at Bluebird's Castle...Found our wonderful minister through the Concierge at the hotel..got our flowers at a florist right by the hotel..

The bellman was the flower girl,,,best man and photographer. Guests were a ocuple we had met at the beach the day before that were celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary.

!6 years later we are still happy and we have been back to St. Thomas every 5 years to celebrate..going this New Years....

Our best wishes...

Have fun planning..

I'm getting married in St. Thomas on 11/28. We're getting married at Secret Harbour just before sunset.

We are using Leslie with Perfect Weddings of St. Thomas. She has been great and is making all the arrangements very easy. I chose her based on reviews I read here.

I hired WTIW for my daughters wedding this past January and cannot say enough great things about them. They went to the courthouse after the ceremony and yes you do need to be at the courthouse, the clerk verifies your Id and you are sworn in and sign the marriage certificate. They received their marriage license about 4 weeks later. Your application for marriage in the USVI should be mailed to the courthouse a least 2-3 months in advance, keep in mind things get done on island time(slower pace). The application must be typed and everything spelled out, no abbreviations allowed. The whole process at the courthouse after the wedding took 15 minutes tops, the clerk pulled the couple out of a very long line to process them. Congratulations to you both. Laura

Yes, we were and the photographer was very nice. After she took her alloted pictures, I think around 75, she helped my brother with his camara to get some really good shots. All in all we were very happy with the company, Tina was my daughters coordinator. Megans Bay was beautiful, what a great day. Laura

• 2 weeks later...
I was married on Bluebeard's Beach in St. Thomas on August 27, 2007. I used Leslie of Perfect Weddings of St. Thomas. Best decision I ever made. It was perfect! The best day of my life.

Send me your email address, if you would like to see the pictures.

Congratulations! We're so happy for you and would love to see your pictures. Leslie is amazing. Our wedding was so perfect and I knew yours would be too. Our email address is rklemay@aol.com.

Congratulations! We're so happy for you and would love to see your pictures. Leslie is amazing. Our wedding was so perfect and I knew yours would be too. Our email address is rklemay@aol.com.

Thank you! I haven't figured out how to share my photos through Kodakeasy share on this site. I guess I will have to set up an account w/shutterfly.

You were right!...Leslie was wonderful.

April:)

Congrats..... I am getting married in St. Thomas on 4/22/08. I am using the Marriott Frenchmans Reef Morning Star Resort. I am also crusing with Carnival on the Freedom. Good luck with all the planning.

Many of my guest stayed at this hotel. The view was breathtaking. It is a beautiful hotel.

Congrats!:D

I hired WTIW for my daughters wedding this past January and cannot say enough great things about them. They went to the courthouse after the ceremony and yes you do need to be at the courthouse' date=' the clerk verifies your Id and you are sworn in and sign the marriage certificate. They received their marriage license about 4 weeks later. Your application for marriage in the USVI should be mailed to the courthouse a least 2-3 months in advance, keep in mind things get done on island time(slower pace). The application must be typed and everything spelled out, no abbreviations allowed. The whole process at the courthouse after the wedding took 15 minutes tops, the clerk pulled the couple out of a very long line to process them. Congratulations to you both. Laura[/quote']

Wow.. im surprised you can go to the courthouse AFTER the ceremony.. I have to ask my coordinator about that! I think that would be much better :-)

Im going with WTIW also and I am so happy with them so far. I cant wait!!!!!!

Thank you! I haven't figured out how to share my photos through Kodakeasy share on this site. I guess I will have to set up an account w/shutterfly.

April,

Thank you so much for sharing your pictures. You look beautiful and so happy. The pictures are wonderful. It looks like an absolutely perfect day and perfect setting for a wedding. Everyone looked like they were have a great time.

Cindy and Randy

we finally figured out a plan (well, I did... DF is just like, "figure it all out and tell me where to show up!")!! I've been debating back and forth on which cruise, which port to get married in, etc for a couple of months. all we knew for sure was when we wanted to get married, and that we wanted to incorporate it into a cruise!

I finally chose Carnival Splendor (BRAND NEW ship, I'm SOOO excited about that!). it's 7-nights, leaving from Ft. Lauderdale, and will stop in some great places. it will be in St. Thomas the day we want to marry, so that's where our wedding will be. we're going to set up a group reservation on Monday... it will feel so real when we start putting money down! and we designed an engagement announcement (attached - I'm rather proud of it! ;) ), so soon I'll be sending those out to friends and family.

is anyone else planning a St. Thomas wedding, or gotten married recently there? I've been checking out local wedding service companies and have narrowed it down to a few I like (based on the info on their websites). many of them recommend going in person back to the courthouse after the ceremony to pick up the "official" certificate... but you could also have it turned in by the officiant and mailed to you later. I'm not sure if it really makes any difference, I mean we don't NEED to have it before we leave the island, do we?

No - we had ours mailed back to the UK and it arrived not long after we got back. We were married on Magens bay and used Weddings the Island way - no complaints whatsoever- Good luck

May I see your pictures also? (princessd0767@gmail.com). I am using Leslie and getting married on Secret Harbour Beach in November.

Thanks and congrats!

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I have been together for nearly 17 years. We will be renewing our vows in St. Thomas on December 19. Our five (almost six) year old will be with us, too.

I am using Janelle at Island Bliss Weddings. I am amazed at her prompt responses. I have my own minister lined up. The tour guide (EEE Tours) that we used in St. Thomas in August is also minister of a church in St. Thomas. He is such a wonderful man and we enjoyed his company so much that we asked if he would officiate for us and he said yes. After the ceremony he has planned a surprise itinerary for us all. On our tour with him in August, we met his seven year old granddaughter and she will be joining us so our little girl will have a playmate for the day. It's going to be very simple, but hopefully memorable and enjoyable for all.

Best wishes to all of you St. Thomas brides!

Tamara:)

We were married 8/14/07 at Bluebeard's Beach. We used Leslie with Perfect Weddings of St. Thomas, and I can't begin to describe how perfect everything was. You can see our pictures www.fenixfoto.com. Go to the gallery and look for the Gregg/Kirsch wedding. Leslie took care of everything last detail, and everything was even better than I could've done myself!

Archived