Would you change?

schoolmarm

Would you change your flight out of Vancouver for these reasons. The flight leaves at noon and is almost full already. This is in August. Hubby and I are not sitting together (might be a good thing after two weeks together [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]) Some ships are having slow disembarkations. We could spend the day touring Vancouver and leave the next morning on an early flight. I know it will cost $100 per ticket to change. Thanks for your opinions!

I agree! Stay here for the day and check us out! Lots to see and do and great shopping! Remember that those $100.00 shoes at home will probably be 30-40% less here!

Time for another Cruise!

We've added TWO nights to our post-cruise in Vancouver...And we've been to Vancouver a couple of times before...

But we figure, why not? We're already there...we're in no hurry to get home...who needs the stress?

Enjoy the city...and extend your vacation...

Summit, July 3, 2004: Alaska: 13 night cruisetour

I'd stay and enjoy Vancouver. BTW, if the flight is full you might be able to work a deal with the airline to avoid the $100 change fee if you book with the same airline or if you are a frequent flier. It doesn't hurt to ask.

Full flights usually are not full. Keep in mind that airlines keep some seat assignments for the high mileage fliers. They hold back some seats for handicapped. They hold back some seat assignments until the day of the flight.

If you watch [url="http://www.flyertalk.com"]www.flyertalk.com[/url] you will find that people have OFTEN called the airlines to volunteer to take a less full flight, but the airlines do not play that game.

Meanwhile, as mentioned, you would not have a problem catching that flight, but if you have already invested so much time and money to get to Vancouver, why not spend a day or two while you are there?

Alaska via Spirit 6/2/04

We are staying an extra day in Vancouver, primarily to avoid the airport crunch with all the extra cruise pax leaving. I also think it is a rude awakening to have to get off a ship and go right home. We need to ease back into reality.

I'm sure the airport will be crowded Monday am as well, but this is the story I'm sticking to.

Kathy

Hi

If you are looking for a hotel, try priceline. I stayed in Vancouver before and after my cruise. I got an excellent hotel for $65 a night through priceline. I stayed at the Hyatt which is about 2-3 blocks from the pier.

It is probably smart that you are staying an extra night in Vancouver. I am so glad i did because it was so crazy around the pier. There was 3 ships that all came into Vancouver around the same time. I know the taxi's had a 3 hr wait. Lucky, my hotel was close and i just walked to it.

Jennifer

Archived