When will I know.... CM or Prog?

Brute Bandit

I'm booked on the 10/1 Fantasy and was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me if they had ports changed and when they were notified of the changes. If I'm moved I'd like to know where I'm going so I can do some research on the area so I'm better prepared.

I called Carnival and as usual they were really helpful (not)!

Anyway, If anyone has any info they'd like to share I'd love to read it.

Ellen

My understnding is that they are waiting till the very last minute so they can keep people from canceling. I get a different story each time I call carnival, and I mean every time. I was frustrated at first. I wanted to book an excursion on line. Now I just don't care. Get me on that big boat, put a virgin drink in my hand, and everything else will work itself out! Have fun on your cruise.:D

Found this in CC news

star2.bmpCarnival Fantasy five-night cruises roundtrip New Orleans, August 25 departure and thereafter. In effect until further notice, the ship will visit Progreso and Cozumel (instead of Costa Maya and Cozumel) on its five-night voyages. Four-night cruises stopping in Cozumel remain unchanged.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=2167

I would NOT plan on Costa Maya unless you are sailing AFTER May or June of 2008 -

I second that, even next May is optimistic IMHO. Mahahual has been wiped out. The pier needs to be replaced and the tourist village needs to be rebuilt. I would be amazed to see port calls to Costa Maya before November 2008.

We were on the Fantasy when Hurricane Dean hit Costa Maya. we were diverted to Key West. from there we returned to Cozumel. In Cozumel, they ahd pictures of what Dean did to Costa Maya. it completely destroyed their pier. We saw the pictures. There will be NO ships docking there for quite a while, as there is no place to dock. Regardless of waht Carnival has said or not said, you are definitely not going to Costa Maya.

Archived