Princess Talkeetna/McKinley Shuttle

stephenandrew

Hi--

We are scheduled to arrive via Princess' railcar at the Talkeetna train station at 4:40PM on 7/25. We have booked a McKinley flightseeing tour at 5:30PM---and am told it will last about 2 hours. I was told that I can take a Princess shuttle to the Princess McKinley Lodge at either 8:00 or 9:00PM. (This is instead of getting on the shuttle immediately after the train arrives in Talkeetna.) I was wondering---can we let our luggage go straight thru to the Lodge when we get off the train, or do we need to claim it, keep it while we are in Talkeetna, and bring it back on the later shuttle with us? (I really hope not!) Does anybody know if we will have to pay a fee for the shuttle as we are "deviating" from the standard Princess itenerary? Lastly--does anybody have any suggestions about where we might want to get a bite to eat while we are in Talkeetna before we head back to the Lodge? As always--thanks!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stephenandrew:

Hi--

We are scheduled to arrive via Princess' railcar at the Talkeetna train station at 4:40PM on 7/25. We have booked a McKinley flightseeing tour at 5:30PM---and am told it will last about 2 hours. I was told that I can take a Princess shuttle to the Princess McKinley Lodge at either 8:00 or 9:00PM. (This is instead of getting on the shuttle immediately after the train arrives in Talkeetna.) I was wondering---can we let our luggage go straight thru to the Lodge when we get off the train, or do we need to claim it, keep it while we are in Talkeetna, and bring it back on the later shuttle with us?

Your main luggage, you shouldn't have to, but your hand carry-on, probably. We had our large bag sent from Fairbanks (we spent one night at Denali) and didn't see it until we got into our room.

(I really hope not!) Does anybody know if we will have to pay a fee for the shuttle as we are "deviating" from the standard Princess itenerary?

Last year you could travel "free" on the shuttle twice - once to the Lodge on your way in and into Talkeetna on your way "out". You were able to pick which shuttle you would take in. In fact, they suggested on the train that anyone who wanted to was free to roam around Talkeetna and catch a later shuttle. I'd just double check how late the last shuttle is leaving Talkeetna.

Lastly--does anybody have any suggestions about where we might want to get a bite to eat while we are in Talkeetna before we head back to the Lodge? As always--thanks!

Many people suggest the Roadhouse, but we didn't eat anywhere in T.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi there-

We were on the Coral Princess= May 11-22, 3s tour. We did not go to the lodge right way and took the late bus over. When we got to the lodge, our suitcases /overnight bags were in our room waiting for us! In Talkeetna, there is a Princess office staffed with local people, they were very helpful about eating and shopping ideas. We had lunch the next day at the Roadhouse. enjoy!

The Roadhouse is not open for dinner and closes at 2pm most days. But they have soup on weekend nights and sometimes other days. You may want to have your first "soup" course at the Roadhouse then continue to a good cafe on the same side of the street back toward where you came in- about a block. If you are into walking- I always go to the Latitiude for dinner.

Archived