REAL COFFEE! Have you ever brough a coffee pot?

Hi, Christie.

Just returned from the 8/31 EOS cruise and am happy to report that the coffee on the ship is excellent! Ground Seattle's Best is available at no extra charge in the Cafe Promenade 24/7, and the same coffee is served in the Windjammer and in the Dining Rooms.

I always travel with my coffee maker--it is a necessity on Celebrity and on Princess--but I did not use it once on the EOS. The only time the coffee tasted bad (well, awful) was the first morning when we had room service deliver it. I suspected room service uses the concentrated coffee syrup. Ick.

One suggestion if you are taking the NE/Canada route. When you are finished packing, toss in some more WARM clothing, sweatshirts and jackets with hoods. Sightseeing is much more enjoyable when you aren't freezing, as we were.

Smooth sailing!

Hi, Christie.

Just returned from the 8/31 EOS cruise and am happy to report that the coffee on the ship is excellent! Ground Seattle's Best is available at no extra charge in the Cafe Promenade 24/7, and the same coffee is served in the Windjammer and in the Dining Rooms.

I always travel with my coffee maker--it is a necessity on Celebrity and on Princess--but I did not use it once on the EOS. The only time the coffee tasted bad (well, awful) was the first morning when we had room service deliver it. I suspected room service uses the concentrated coffee syrup. Ick.

One suggestion if you are taking the NE/Canada route. When you are finished packing, toss in some more WARM clothing, sweatshirts and jackets with hoods. Sightseeing is much more enjoyable when you aren't freezing, as we were.

Smooth sailing!

Thanks for letting me know about the coffee, pcassell! :) I don't mind it in the dining room, but I find it horrendous in the Windjammer! Good too know it hasn't been too bad recently.

Not doing Canada/NE...doing the Caribbean! I think the only time I could even think about doing C/NE would be in the summer when it's warm. I shall not cruise to a cold place!!! :D lol!! :p

I agree, and I even worked on the design of a Starbucks. Can't choke it down. I just use the cup with gas station coffee in it to attract the ladies.

Sadly I can no longer stand outside my local Starbucks holding a Starbucks cup to attract women as I recently got engaged and the fiance would definitely not approve!

I am however happy to say that we did get engaged at our local Starbucks!

I still am eagerly awaiting the day a cruise line announces they are going to have a Starbucks store onboard one of their ships. Now that would make cruising just perfect for me (not to mention give an excellent spot for all the singles on board to congregate).

We were just on the Majesty--and a woman in front of line at us at the purser's desk with DH at her side was having an angry hissy fit because her coffee pot had been confiscated from her carry-on bag. The ship hadn't yet left Miami, and she was demanding that her coffee pot be returned to her or else for RCI to let her and DH get off the ship with a full refund. She was claiming that she had to make coffee in the pot she had brought with her so she could take pills and medication, without which she couldn't eat--thus becoming the first person in modern recorded history to starve to death on a cruise. (Don't know why the ship's coffee couldn't be used for this:confused:)

She then demanded that the poor soul at the purser's desk bring the captain to her to straighten this out, but she was repeatedly told that coffee pots weren't allowed, and the captain for some reason was not summoned.

The woman and her husband then left the purser's desk without her beloved coffee pot. I didn't see her on the rest of the cruise, so I don't know the ultimate outcome.

Les

We were just on the Majesty--and a woman in front of line at us at the purser's desk with DH at her side was having an angry hissy fit because her coffee pot had been confiscated from her carry-on bag. The ship hadn't yet left Miami, and she was demanding that her coffee pot be returned to her or else for RCI to let her and DH get off the ship with a full refund. She was claiming that she had to make coffee in the pot she had brought with her so she could take pills and medication, without which she couldn't eat--thus becoming the first person in modern recorded history to starve to death on a cruise. (Don't know why the ship's coffee couldn't be used for this:confused:)

She then demanded that the poor soul at the purser's desk bring the captain to her to straighten this out, but she was repeatedly told that coffee pots weren't allowed, and the captain for some reason was not summoned.

The woman and her husband then left the purser's desk without her beloved coffee pot. I didn't see her on the rest of the cruise, so I don't know the ultimate outcome.

Les

The melted ice out of the bucket isn't good enough for her?

It is for me to take my morning and evening meds!

Unfreakingbelievable!!

Archived