Pre-Cruise stay in Jersey City

Cruiser052

We will be cruising from Port Liberty and plan on staying at the Courtyard by Marriott in Jersey City the night before. Any comments on this hotel, parking there for the night and getting to the port the next day would be welcomed. I am not sure if I read it right or not on another thread that parking is additional at the Jersey City hotels???? Is it true?

I work around the corner from the Marriott and I've never stayed there but parking in Jersey City is very limited so that sounds right. Public transportation is plentiful, depends on what you're looking to do with the car. If you just want to have transportation for, say, dinner then the light rail is easy to get around on or you even have some options within walking distance. Also, the ferry to NYC is across the street and that takes less than 10 minutes to get to midtown.

It would not be surprising if parking is extra. You may want to consider whether or not an automobile is necessary. Public transportation to and from New York is very convenient, and the light rail service provides good service both to Hoboken and the 34th Street station (the latter being near the cruise ship terminal . . . use a taxi for the short trip between the station and the terminal). See http://www.mylightrail.com.

Archived