Has anybody been to any of the BEACHES resorts in Jamaica??

There looks to be a few all inclusive BEACHES resorts, for families, not adult only....and I was curious if ANYONE has done any of these?

We have been to Sunset Beach and wanted something different. BUT the Beaches resorts looks to be a long drive from Montego Bay.

Any advice, opinions would be appreciated! I searched this site and didnt come up with any recent posts.

Beaches Negril is about 90 minutes from Montego Bay. My son and I stayed there for 4 nights two years ago and had a great time. I know that day passes are expensive, and the driving distance might cut down too much on the time you can spend there. However, it really is a lot of fun - beautiful beach, big pools, two waterslides, a not-so-lazy river, a fountain-y play area for the kids, hottubs, and swim up bars with both alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks.

Beaches Boscobel is in Ocho Rios, and is about 2 and one half hours from Montego Bay. I have not visited there yet, although I was considering getting a day pass to visit when my April cruise stops in Ocho Rios. It also has pools, slides, and lots of fun waterplay for the kids.

I believe I saw a recent post putting day passes for Beaches Boscobel at $120 for adults and $80 for kids - and the day pass is from 10AM to 2PM. I'm guessing that Negril would be something similar.

Archived