NCL bar setups??

golferdog

we're doing a back to back on the Pearl in Oct--having trouble finding anything about bar setups on the website--figured the CC pros could help me out!--Do they no longer have them?--Wish they'd go back to the "old days" of having sea stores. Nice to be able to enjoy a cocktail on your balcony without having to shag out toget one to bring back or have a ice diluted one delivered by room service.--Thanx for any info--:)

Bar setup was never on the website. It seems it is a big secret known by a few.

One thing to remember since you are doing back to back if you make duty free purchases on the first cruise you will get them back the last night and you should have them for the second cruise.

One thing to remember since you are doing back to back if you make duty free purchases on the first cruise you will get them back the last night and you should have them for the second cruise.

This brings up a good point. We are doing the one night cruise followed immediately by a 6 day cruise. Do you think we could buy stuff and then pick it up for the rest of the cruise?

Since we see little value of dragging booze through airports, etc we never buy it to take home, but do they have wine or only booze in those stores. With quite a few cruises, we never even looked.

Perhaps a little off topic, but maybe not:

I seem to remember from one of our RCCL cruises that you could purchase package liquor in the onboard stores and pay an extra "in-cabin-consumption" fee, if you wanted to be able to take the bottle to your room to make drinks. I also remember the fee being pretty fair and the total for a bottle purchased for onboard use was about equal to a US liquor store price.

Does NCL offer that?

Chas

Perhaps a little off topic, but maybe not:

I seem to remember from one of our RCCL cruises that you could purchase package liquor in the onboard stores and pay an extra "in-cabin-consumption" fee, if you wanted to be able to take the bottle to your room to make drinks. I also remember the fee being pretty fair and the total for a bottle purchased for onboard use was about equal to a US liquor store price.

Does NCL offer that?

Chas

No and niether does RCI anymore :(

Perhaps a silly question, but can you get a bar setup after you board? Also, I am planning on taking a box of wine with no intention of hiding it...I don't want to be in the "naughty room"...what is the worse that can happen?????

Perhaps a silly question, but can you get a bar setup after you board? Also, I am planning on taking a box of wine with no intention of hiding it...I don't want to be in the "naughty room"...what is the worse that can happen?????

I was told by NCL that it had to be ordered at least one week before your sail date and be paid for with a credit card in advance. So I am going to say no.

Sample (liters): Bacardi Silver $40

Meyers $55, Stoli $55, Absolute and Finlandia $40, Beer: Dom. $4.50, Imp. $5.18 (per can)

Chas

Archived