Alilaguna to Cruise Ship Terminal

Has anyone ever used Alilaguna to arrive at the cruise ship terminal? I am traveling with elderly parents who cannot walk too far. Does anyone know if it is far walk from the Alilaguna Stazione Marittima stop to (ormeggi crociere #107) check in area? We will need to check in baggage and register with Costa cruise lines.

Thank you very much for your help!

We used Alilaguna last year to the Costa pier. We boarded Alilaguna right near St. Marks square and it went express to the pier where Costa is. It was very easy. The crew even help you with your luggage as you get on and off the ferry

Hello. The Alilaguna pier stop is at the end of the marittima basin directly in front of the passenger terminal building. It'll make no difference if you arrive by bus or boat. It is a very short walk. You'll walk a little bit more when boarding the boat at San Marco, I think (depending on your hotel). Price is 6 Euro and 24-hour-tickets are not valid. Greetings, Hektor.

Is there just one terminal for all cruise ships? So from where the ships are docked, you have to take a shuttle then a water taxi/ Alilaguna to Piazza San Marco? What is an express water taxi? Sorry, i'm just trying to clarify all this through my puzzled brain. Thank you very much.

There is one large terminal where most ships dock, very few are allowed to dock near Piazza San Marco anymore, so for all intensive purposes, yes one terminal. You do not need to take a shuttle to the alilaguna stop at the terminal, you can walk right to it once off the ship and it (alilaguna)then takes you to Piazza San Marco where you can get other private water taxis or take a vaporetto (the "bus" except it is a boat) to a stop near a hotel. Depending on the amount of luggage you have it is very doable. If you have lots of luggage, there are frequently porters at the Piazza San Marco stop who will cart your luggage (for a fee) to your hotel if it is in the area. Otherwise you are like many tourists in the area, wheeling your bags over the cobblestones and small bridges. It sort of adds to the Venice experience. We have been three times in the past four years and just booked a trip leaving from Venice next summer. There are lots of places, I haven't seen in Venice yet because just wandering the city is terrific.

Archived