Seward to Anchorage car rental

ebfeaster

I'm cruising to Alaska, for the first time, June 25 on the Vision of the Seas. I'm trying to find a place to rent a car in Seward, that can be dropped off in Anchorage, without breaking the bank. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ellis B

Big Red Boat 7/94

Carnival Ecstacy 3/99

Westerdam 3/01

Costa Atlantica 1/03

Norweigan Wind 2/04

Vision of the Seas 6/04

Hertz is your only option and it will be expensive. Are the alternatives such as train, bus or cruiseline transfer not viable options?

Larry

Fantasy 08/99

Ecstacy 05/00

Westerdam 04/01

Legend of the Seas 08/02

Zaandam 04/03

Carnival Spirit 08/03

Hi Larry,

I can do the bus. I was planning to rent a car in Anchorage, but I was thinking if I'm going to rent a car anyway, maybe I could apply the $100 dollars I would spend on the bus ride, and put it towards a one way car rental and travel at my own pace. It may be a moot point anyway because Seward Hertz seems to be out of cars for the date I'll be there.

Ellis B

RCCL offers the Grandview train that goes to the Anchorage Airport. Depending upon who you book your rental with the office may be at the Airport. Some of the independent car rental companies such as Alaska Car and van Rental have offices away from the airport. Saves you having to pay airport fees when renting a car.

The train can be booked only aboard ship and will give you early departure from ship. Look under Shore Excursions for Anchorage.

For a bus connection check Seward bus Lines and Alaska Park Connection. Both have websites. Alask Park Connection unloads close to the Alaska Car and Van Rental office in Anchorage. I know because we used both of these companies last Aug. We did the land tour first. Picked up the rental car,returned it and caught the Alaska Park Connection bus to Seward.

Larry

Fantasy 08/99

Ecstacy 05/00

Westerdam 04/01

Legend of the Seas 08/02

Zaandam 04/03

Carnival Spirit 08/03

Ellis B.,

My husband and I will be on the 6/25/04 sailing of the Vision also. Have you signed up for the Meet & Mingle yet? If not, you should.

We rented a car from Hertz in Seward about a month or so ago. Total cost was about $205. Ouch! But we really wanted to take some time to explore on our way back since our flight out of Anchorage doesn't leave until 11:30 at night.

Archived