What's the latest time you can check in?

bubbles1209

Even though you guarantee it with a credit card, it is still a very good idea to have the reservation noted with your estimated arrival time.

It is not unknown for hotels to sell the room for very late arrivals if they don't know. They will arrange for a room in another place and you will have a place to sleep, but it is a hassle after a long day if they have to move you to another property.

It happened to me in Chicago after arriving on Amtrak at 3am. They got me another room and paid for the taxi, but it was still not fun to deal with when tired after a very long day.

Just let them know.

Even though you guarantee it with a credit card, it is still a very good idea to have the reservation noted with your estimated arrival time.

It is not unknown for hotels to sell the room for very late arrivals if they don't know. They will arrange for a room in another place and you will have a place to sleep, but it is a hassle after a long day if they have to move you to another property.

It happened to me in Chicago after arriving on Amtrak at 3am. They got me another room and paid for the taxi, but it was still not fun to deal with when tired after a very long day.

Just let them know.

I agree with that but I had in writing an email stating I would arrive after 11P. Got to hotel in Denver, they said that was probably lost since it was more than a week old, there was a large conference in town and there was NO where to sleep. I was allowed to use a sofa in a lounge for the night with a 2 night on the house stay in the future...learned a lesson. I send one email the week before, the week of, the day before and call the day of...have had no additional issues. My computer will send out the emails for me...don't know the name of that program but it is really a nice feature.

Archived