Is this true about St. Lucia?

BellaJen

On the Destiny two weeks ago we were told by our tour guide on the excursion that Carnival will not be going to St. Lucia anymore. Apparently Carnival was being a bully and demanded XX thousands of drinking water from St. Lucia in addition to they already process their trash for free. St. Lucia said no and Carnival said they wouldn't stop in St. Lucia anymore. Any truth to this rumor? I absolutely loved St. Lucia and would be disappointed if they weren't returning.

On the Destiny two weeks ago we were told by our tour guide on the excursion that Carnival will not be going to St. Lucia anymore. Apparently Carnival was being a bully and demanded XX thousands of drinking water from St. Lucia in addition to they already process their trash for free. St. Lucia said no and Carnival said they wouldn't stop in St. Lucia anymore. Any truth to this rumor? I absolutely loved St. Lucia and would be disappointed if they weren't returning.

Destiny wont be stopping there after 12/07. Miracle will be calling on SLU this year and next year.

Confused.

I thought the ships desalinated their own water and incinerated their own trash (after separating the recyclable paper).

Perhaps this guys is not a reliable source of information?

That sounds kinda fishy to me. We were on the first sailing of the Legend that called there in January, and they seemed pretty happy to see us. I know the ships do make alot of their own water, but I do believe they take some on in various ports as well.

I'm a Saint Lucian and read your posting this morning...so I did a little research and came up with this news story on the subject.

please follows this link to get to the story on a Saint Lucia newspaper website.... http://www.stluciastar.com/NewsHome/LocalNews/tabid/571/newsid1152/2497/Default.aspx

essesntiallu the story is that "Carnival Destiny is reportedly now tapping into the more lucrative European market."

I'm a Saint Lucian and read your posting this morning...so I did a little research and came up with this news story on the subject.

please follows this link to get to the story on a Saint Lucia newspaper website.... http://www.stluciastar.com/NewsHome/LocalNews/tabid/571/newsid1152/2497/Default.aspx

essesntiallu the story is that "Carnival Destiny is reportedly now tapping into the more lucrative European market."

I'm sorry to hear that. I know how the business people feel about cruise ships. Living in a port city (although we only are now getting about 17-18 cruises ships per season) I know how excited the businesses get when the cruise ships are due to dock. We'll have cruises ship photos plastered all over the front pages of the newspaper along with pics of smiling small business people. It's great revenue for them...and if a place like St Lucia is used to having that on a weekly basis year round and then it suddenly gets pulled, it must feel like quite a loss.

I'm glad that other ships coming in will make up for some of that loss. I'll be on one of them in November!! I'll be happy to spend some tourist dollars in St Lucia. :)

Confused.

I thought the ships desalinated their own water and incinerated their own trash (after separating the recyclable paper).

Perhaps this guys is not a reliable source of information?

I don't know about trash, but I do know that the cruise ships load fresh drinking water at some ports, even though they also process sea water on board.

So...his story could be true.

Archived