midnight comedy on mariner last week

belle19

the comic was great but there were some deaf persons on the front row left of the stage and they had a person signing what the guy was saying and it was just as funny to watch her, even the comic had fun watching her and would repeat things just to see her do it again. you had to be there to get the full effect but it was great. the next evening we went to see a music show and the comic sits down beside us so we start talking about his show. he said he had never seen that before but he had a great laugh about it and got plenty of new material thanks to RCCL. I don't remember his name but we have heard him on sirius before so he is pretty well known

I am sure that Belle 19 means no disrespect whatsoever. We were on the Mariner last week and, also, saw the shows when the interpreter was signing. She was such a lovely person. Her signing was in addition to her full comical gestures and facial expressions that were just so delightful and really added to the pleasure of all of us in watching the comedian's shows. Unfortunately, as Belle said, you really needed to be there to get the full effect-it was the best sign interpretation that I have ever seen-so full of spirit.

We had a comic on the Carnival Valor a few years back who had Cerebral Palsy. This guy was a riot. He did a lot of jokes at his expense and then started off with Don Rickles type zingers at folks in the audience.

He said " Hey if I can make fun of the handicapped I can make fun of anyone."

I am sure that Belle 19 means no disrespect whatsoever. We were on the Mariner last week and, also, saw the shows when the interpreter was signing. She was such a lovely person. Her signing was in addition to her full comical gestures and facial expressions that were just so delightful and really added to the pleasure of all of us in watching the comedian's shows. Unfortunately, as Belle said, you really needed to be there to get the full effect-it was the best sign interpretation that I have ever seen-so full of spirit.

yea i guess you had to be there, i thought it was awesome and the people she was signing too had the best time of all

the comic was great but there were some deaf persons on the front row left of the stage and they had a person signing what the guy was saying and it was just as funny to watch her, even the comic had fun watching her and would repeat things just to see her do it again. you had to be there to get the full effect but it was great. the next evening we went to see a music show and the comic sits down beside us so we start talking about his show. he said he had never seen that before but he had a great laugh about it and got plenty of new material thanks to RCCL. I don't remember his name but we have heard him on sirius before so he is pretty well known

On our Brilliance cruise we had a group from the Senior Deaf Association of America. They also had a interpreter who was absolutely amazing as she translated the comedians routine. The comedian at the late night show was throwing out some pretty iffy words to she how she would sign them. She was such a good sport even while she was blushing to her toes.

We had the pleasure of having her and part of her group on one of our tours and I got to talk to her. She is actually hired by RCCL for different groups that sail. I know sign language but infrequently get to use it and I really brushed up that week.

We had a comic on the Carnival Valor a few years back who had Cerebral Palsy. This guy was a riot. He did a lot of jokes at his expense and then started off with Don Rickles type zingers at folks in the audience.

He said " Hey if I can make fun of the handicapped I can make fun of anyone."

I think that is Josh. He was on Last Comic Standing last year. He may even have won. He's been on the Carlos Mencia show too. Love him! He's the best.

Archived