Denied travel insurance claims?

KJHorton

Thanks for all the "animal lover" comments all. Since my husband and I do not have children our pets are definitely our children. In fact - the five that we have all have special needs in some way from epilepsy to renal failure. Rocky - the kitty we cancelled our vacation for back in 2003 lived another 3 years and unfortunately died of cancer. But - I would go ahead and sacrifice any cost of a vacation to take care of one of my babies.

I know what you mean. We just lost a cat that had belonged to my DH for 21 years :( (DH knew the cat longer then he's know me!)

If you know and live with someone for 21 years, then they're family.

Every day my husband called the Purser on getting us home since we know nothing about the cities we were at and we are told that Miami makes the arrangments, they will call you. Never did! Never sent CSA andy info so they cancelled the claim.

So you did not cut your cruise short so it couldn't have been a trip interruption claim. And if it was a medical claim there should have been some supporting documentation but you state none was ever sent to CSA. What exactly were you filing a claim for? Medical? Trip interruption? Something else? I'm failing to see what CSA did wrong.

Having a Kitty ourselves, as far as we are concerned, he is one of our children. I would have told them someone in the family took ill. Glad you were able to get it resolved.

Well, as a kitty-mama myself (and a kitty-sister, and kitty-aunt), I'd have to say that's only the truth.

when Celebrity's Summit had their gangway not secured and it was sliding all over the sidewalk as the ship rocked in waves. Then they have 2 garbage cans on both sides of it, so as you toss cups into the can labeled CUPS & the towels from the iced towels into the TOWEL can, the gangway jumps & slams itself on my left foot sliding down to clamp on the 3 middle ties cracking them. Crew could care less. Women assisted my husband lifting the gangway off my foot. Husband carries me in & safety gets me to doctor. No accident report from crew so Safety Director Robert comes to interview us & the women who assisted us. I was medicated for pain & told to keep it higher than my head, which meant bed. this was day 4 of 14, so husband called for a wheelchair, none to give we were told & no crutches. SO we decided to get off the ship & go home but we are told Miami must make arrangements. No word in the remaining 10 days. So when we got home I filed a claim with CSA for return of our money & they wanted medical records & talk on our return home that was denied. We gave them dates, names & outcome. Celebrity refused to give anything so a year later we are called & told NO CLAIM!

SO NO MORE CELEBRITY & CSA for neither working for us.

Did you provide the insurance company with all the medical records they required? A big reason for denials is not getting the proper documentation.

Jeanie, believe me I would never have suggested someone falsify a statement and it was wrong of me to have even said that. Besides that, we have always taken the Insurance, but as many have said here, we really need to make sure of its coverage. This was thru RCL for our Hawaii Cruise, Oct 2008. Fortunately we have never had to use it, but were on a cruise where a passenger required medical attention at the hospital due to breaking his foot/ankle from stepping off curb wrong. We were 30 min late leaving the port, waiting on his transfer from Hosp.

Gay So Calif

Archived