Brisbane

kazzie

Hi... I just wondered if anyone here has experienced the following excursion and would they recommend it?

AUSTRALIAN EXPERIENCE - 8½ hours

TOUR HIGHLIGHTS

Australia Zoo - This wildlife park in the Glasshouse Mountains was home base for Steve Irwin, TV’s Crocodile Hunter. Explore the park at your leisure. Australia Zoo is home to both native and exotic animal species including elephants. Don’t miss the scheduled ‘Croc Show’ and the exclusive performance of Aboriginal dance.Ettamogah Pub - The design of this unique Outback Aussie pub was actually inspired by a cartoon image. Comical expressions are inscribed on its exterior walls, and the pub features an array of quirky Australiana displays. Guests receive a ‘stubby’ beer bottle with a special pub label as a memento.

LUNCHEON

A casual luncheon accompanied by Australian wine, beer, or soft drinks is served at Ettamogah Pub.

YOUR SCENIC JOURNEY

Board your motorcoach for a brief city tour. View the city’s historic structures including City Hall, Parliament House, Treasury Building, and Customs House. Continue to the South Bank Parklands and the Queensland Cultural Centre. Travel north along the Sunshine Coast on the approximately one-hour drive to the Glasshouse Mountains.

Many thanks

Kaz

I havent done that tour but is sounds like an excellent overview tour.

Most people seem to have an infinity with steve irwin, and his park is doing great things for the wildlife even more i think since steve died/ You will get a great cross section of australian life, from our native animals to the quirky australian humour of the ettamogah pub to the cultural and political side and even a scenic drive to the glasshouse mountains!!

wow if they fit all that in in one day i say go for it, you will get australia in a day.

Hi... I just wondered if anyone here has experienced the following excursion and would they recommend it?

AUSTRALIAN EXPERIENCE - 8½ hours

TOUR HIGHLIGHTS

Australia Zoo - This wildlife park in the Glasshouse Mountains was home base for Steve Irwin, TV’s Crocodile Hunter. Explore the park at your leisure. Australia Zoo is home to both native and exotic animal species including elephants. Don’t miss the scheduled ‘Croc Show’ and the exclusive performance of Aboriginal dance.Ettamogah Pub - The design of this unique Outback Aussie pub was actually inspired by a cartoon image. Comical expressions are inscribed on its exterior walls, and the pub features an array of quirky Australiana displays. Guests receive a ‘stubby’ beer bottle with a special pub label as a memento.

LUNCHEON

A casual luncheon accompanied by Australian wine, beer, or soft drinks is served at Ettamogah Pub.

YOUR SCENIC JOURNEY

Board your motorcoach for a brief city tour. View the city’s historic structures including City Hall, Parliament House, Treasury Building, and Customs House. Continue to the South Bank Parklands and the Queensland Cultural Centre. Travel north along the Sunshine Coast on the approximately one-hour drive to the Glasshouse Mountains.

Many thanks

Kaz

Queen Victoria world cruise? Not sure if QV will fit under the Gateway Bridge. I think she may just scrape in. Where does it say you dock? Cruisee ship terminal (good) or one of he lovely down river alternatives (bad but no choice)?

Brizvegas is a lovely city (that's why we live here:D ). Search Sydney St New Farm Brisbane on google earth and that's where we live!

I think $100 sounds pretty good value. You could hire a car but if the herd thing doesn't worry you then this seems a good alternative. The drive up to Australia Zoo is nice, just up a multi lane freeway between plantation pine forests. The Glass House mountains are quite spectacular. They are the cores of long dormant volcanoes.

Welcome to Oz!

Newfarmers - it is the world cruise, I haven't a clue where the ship will dock in Brisbane. We'll all just have to 'duck' as we approach the Gateway bridge!

I'm opting for the 'herd' experience because I'm travelling solo and there's something reassuring about being stuck with a familiar mob... also, I'm that scatty, that left to my own devices I know I'll somehow lose the ship:eek:

Good suggestion about google earth... I'll go take a look :D

Many thanks

Kaz

Archived