Does anyone know contact info?

BellsRUs

Hi -

We are leaving on AOS in a couple of days and I'm sending emergency contact info to family members.

Does anyone know the procedure for contacting us onboard the ship? I'd like to leave the phone number and instructions for calling the ship and can't seem to find the info on the RCCL site. We have e-docs for the cruise and I don't see the info there either.

Help, please! :)

Thanks!

Patti

Make sure you leave them your ship name and cabin number, this will make things much easier for them. They MUST also have a credit card number to make the call. Please don't ask why as I don't know BUT this is what happened to our family when they had to get in contact with us while on a cruise.

We always leave a VERY detailed itinerary since our emergency that has numbers on EVERY place we visit so they can contact us. IEmergencies can happen to anyone, just ask me.

Tim

Thanks, Tim - I remembered from our other cruises that the caller needs the ship's name and stateroom number - just couldn't find the darn phone number!

As our parents are getting older and we're leaving college-aged kids alone, I'm very careful to leave emergency contact info.

Sorry to hear you had to actually use the emergency contact info! :eek:

Just make sure you leave instructions for "emergencies only" to those you give it to. My friends daughter called her on the ship (12) with Grandma's credit card to complain that Grandma wouldn't let her go to a sleepover. Grandma or my friend didn't realize the 7.95 a minute charge and talked to her for quite a while and Grandma got a phone bill over 150$. :eek:

Just make sure you leave instructions for "emergencies only" to those you give it to. My friends daughter called her on the ship (12) with Grandma's credit card to complain that Grandma wouldn't let her go to a sleepover. Grandma or my friend didn't realize the 7.95 a minute charge and talked to her for quite a while and Grandma got a phone bill over 150$. :eek:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Will definitely leave the price info too!

BellsRUs - Patti

Don't forget about the internet. That's only $.50 a min. If you have access to internet thru your college kids, they can keep in touch with you and you can with them. It's much cheaper. And they can keep you informed about their grandparents.

We always keep in touch with our daughter that way if she is not with us. We just run by the internet cafe everyday while on the ship and access our email account. No problems.

Enjoy your cruise

Linda

BellsRUs - Patti

Don't forget about the internet. That's only $.50 a min. If you have access to internet thru your college kids, they can keep in touch with you and you can with them. It's much cheaper. And they can keep you informed about their grandparents.

We always keep in touch with our daughter that way if she is not with us. We just run by the internet cafe everyday while on the ship and access our email account. No problems.

Enjoy your cruise

Linda

If you are Crown and Anchor members you will receive a coupon book in your cabin with a $5 off coupon, and if you are both members there will be two books and you can combine them for 10$ to check email, check-in for your return flight, etc.

Thanks for the reminder, Linda - we usually sign onto our email every few days, but not every day, so the emergency info is necessary.

We really should get in the habit of checking email every day we're on the ship... ;)

If you are Crown and Anchor members you will receive a coupon book in your cabin with a $5 off coupon, and if you are both members there will be two books and you can combine them for 10$ to check email, check-in for your return flight, etc.

Excellent! Thanks for the info, Sue! I didn't realize we'd get an internet coupon (well, 2 actually!). They will be put to good use. :D

Excellent! Thanks for the info, Sue! I didn't realize we'd get an internet coupon (well, 2 actually!). They will be put to good use. :D

Make sure you take both the coupons to the pursers desk and they will set up your credit. It only takes a minute and then you can access it.

Archived