Amora Hotel Jamison Upgrade to Club?

bxny

Does anyone have any experience with the Amora Jamison in Sydney? We are there 1 week before our pre cruise with Princess. We are booked into a room and are wondering if we should upgrade to the Club rooms or buy the breakfast. Do not have the rates yet to do this. I just found an e mail for them. Wanted to get opinions from those who have stayd here.:confused:

Does anyone have any experience with the Amora Jamison in Sydney? We are there 1 week before our pre cruise with Princess. We are booked into a room and are wondering if we should upgrade to the Club rooms or buy the breakfast. Do not have the rates yet to do this. I just found an e mail for them. Wanted to get opinions from those who have stayd here.:confused:

We have just changed our reservations from the Four Seasons to Amora Jamison based on the fact that Princess uses Amora Jamison for their Pre cruise hotel on tour # 6 and it is quite a bit less expensive than Four Seasons. I have heard and read good things about it. I also would like some recommendations from someone who has stayed there or knows more about it.

We are taking the Club Rooms as I think it is nice to have the quick light breakfasts and snacks if we want something light at the end of a long day of sightseeing. When do you arrive in Sydney? Which Pre cruise tour are you going on?

We are coming in on Dec.27 and planning on going to The Blue Mountains on Dec. 29 by train.We then head off to Kangaroo Island for 3 days.

Barbara

When do you arrive in Sydney? Which Pre cruise tour are you going on?

Barbara

We arrive in SYD on Jan.20 from NY. We start the Princess tour # 5 on Jan 27 and didn't want the hassle of relocating to a different hotel for two more nights. Booked the Jamison through Expedia and they didn't offer the club rooms when we booked. The reviews on TA have gotten better. We just got an email from them saying we can upgrade for $50 AUD a night so will probably do so.

We have a tour to the blue Mts on the Wonderbus for Jan 22. Looking forward to spending time in Sydney. We just hope its not too hot.

:) Donna

Barbara

We arrive in SYD on Jan.20 from NY. We start the Princess tour # 5 on Jan 27 and didn't want the hassle of relocating to a different hotel for two more nights. Booked the Jamison through Expedia and they didn't offer the club rooms when we booked. The reviews on TA have gotten better. We just got an email from them saying we can upgrade for $50 AUD a night so will probably do so.

We have a tour to the blue Mts on the Wonderbus for Jan 22. Looking forward to spending time in Sydney. We just hope its not too hot.

:) Donna

Donna,

We arrive in Sydney on Dec 27 from NY. Our cruise on Sapphire departs Jan 9, 2008. We will be doing 3 days in Kangaroo Island and then pre cruise # 6. I expect it to be really HOT but I think it will be worth the discomfort to see so much of Au.

I bought a thing called "Squeeeze Breeze" ( I think that is what it is called) . It is a plastic water bottle with a fan and spritz that you can fill with ice water and try to keep cool.It can hand around your neck.

We also decided on the Amora J because of the hassle of changing hotels and schlepping luggage unnecessarily.( And it was less expensive than the 4 Saesons.)

Just curious, How much is Expedia charging for the club rooms at Amora J?

We are doing it through our TA .

I can let you know when we come back on Jan 23 what we thought , although it will probally be too late for you to make any changes.

Barbara

Where in NY are you? We're originally from the Bronx, living in Orange County now.

I also picked up a cooling mist system can't remember the name of it now. It's on my cruise shelf with the netting we need for Uluru.

We tried to book club rooms but couldn't get them through Expedia and they were not offered on the other sites. The hotel would not let us book them a year out. Expedia charged $1601 for 7 night reg. room. We are with another couple and looked at the Quay suites, fantastic Harbour views, but didn't want to move after the seven days.

Let's hope the weather in NY cooperates and we can get out on time. Imagine a delay added to our 22 hours. We have Quantas JFK/LA/SYD.

Donna

Where in NY are you? We're originally from the Bronx, living in Orange County now.

I also picked up a cooling mist system can't remember the name of it now. It's on my cruise shelf with the netting we need for Uluru.

We tried to book club rooms but couldn't get them through Expedia and they were not offered on the other sites. The hotel would not let us book them a year out. Expedia charged $1601 for 7 night reg. room. We are with another couple and looked at the Quay suites, fantastic Harbour views, but didn't want to move after the seven days.

Let's hope the weather in NY cooperates and we can get out on time. Imagine a delay added to our 22 hours. We have Quantas JFK/LA/SYD.

Donna

Donna,

I am in Rye Brook and my friend with whom I am traveling is from NYC.I am actually trying to take an earlier flight as my original one on United has a 1-1/2 hour layover in LA and I am afraid if the weather in NY is bad I might miss my connecting flight to Sydney.

I think I would rather spend a few hours in LAX than have such a tight layover. Either way if NY has bad weather we have a problem.

I really can't decide which is the best way to go.

So noone has responded who has been to the Amora Jamison.There is still lots of time.

It looks really nice on line and is so much more convenient.

It sounds like you got a good price there.My price for a club room is

$ 370.00 with Harbor view or $ 280.00 for a city view in a regular room.We will only be there for 6 nights( I think) as we will be in Kangaroo Island for 3 nights.

Barbara

I thought I would get a little feedback, maybe Princess has not used them before. OH well, hope for the best and then make do with what you get.

I used to go to Rye Playland as kid to see the fireworks. We are in ********* Lake now, not too far from Woodbury Commons Outlet Mall. Two of my sons moved back to the city, one to the Bronx and the other to Brooklyn.

Our Quantas flight fom JFK has a two hour layover in LA before heading out to SYD.

Enjoy your time in OZ.

Donna

Paul, my partner, and I stayed there in July this year. We got the room on Wotif.com at a good last minute rate which included parking, full buffet breakfast for 2 and a $50 petrol voucher (which meant it didn't cost us anything in petrol to go to Sydney and back from Canberra)

The staff were excellent, nothing was too much trouble and the young men at the front door are just waiting for you to walk in or out so they can open the door for you.

The room was lovely, with a king size bed, we had a fourth floor room so not much of a view over the city. The bathroom has a speaker so you can hear the TV which was novel, the bath and shower are seperate which I like. The Sunday newspaper was waiting outside everyones door in the morning... free

Breakfast was the nicest we've had as buffets go in big city hotels (and I try them as often as I can, including Sydney, Melbourne, Auckland, Seattle, Anchorage). One server is putting fresh oranges in one of those big machines that cuts and juices all at once... yumm I love fresh OJ, while others are seating you and bringing fresh brewed coffee/tea. Everything on the buffet was fresh, nothing soggy. Eggs any way you want them, pancakes with syrup, bacon, sausages, grilled tomato, fresh fruit platters, continental whatever you want... OH yeah no baked beans to my partners dismay... I can't stand them anyway.

The pool/spa area is very nice and relaxing, the bar is a quiet place before or after dinner where you can order snacks as well.

I would definately stay here again.

Cheers and enjoy the cruise.

Archived