True??? No carry on booze???

leadnur

I believe Carnival's written policy is no liquor allowed; however, they do allow a limited amount of wine to be consumed in your cabin, or for special occasion in the dining room.

Lots of folks do take liquor aboard. You'll get lots of replies.

From the documents I received for my upcoming cruise:

"Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. However, fine wine or champagne may be brought on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10 corkage fee will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the dining room."

So...no Jim Beam or Ripple...but if you've got some Dom, you're good to go.

Just put it in your checked luggage. Stuff it in some clothes to keep it from breaking and lock your luggage before you give it to the porters. 9 out of 10 times you won't have a problem! You won't be the only one attempting to bring boose on board so don't worry about it!

Good luck!

Heck, it's so easy! We got those small plastic bottles and the Wild Turkey came onboard with us, no problem. We had a small suitcase full of bottled water and booze and no one knew the wiser.....it's worth the chance. Enjoy!

We usually put all of our liquor inside plastic bottles and pack them in our checked baggage.

Also, we have carried on beer, wine & liquor (in water bottles). Security only asked one question "Do you have glass in this bag". I advised we had wine & water in our bags and away we went.

Good luck and have a wonderful cruise.

Kodiac :)

My boyfriend and I were able to sneak a bottle of Grey Goose Vodka on the Destiny a few weeks ago. We put it in his luggage so we had no problem getting it on the ship.... but be warned..... we left the bottle of vodka out on the counter in our room by accident and the room steward took all the glasses that were in the room (the ones by the ice bucket and in the bathroom). She didnt give us any for the whole trip. So if we wanted to drink our vodka, we had to go buy a drink, bring the glasses back to our room and wash them so we had something to drink out of..... lol. A minor inconvience for the amount of money we were saving on drinks...... :)

we left the bottle of vodka out on the counter in our room by accident and the room steward took all the glasses that were in the room (the ones by the ice bucket and in the bathroom). She didnt give us any for the whole trip. :)
Boy what a jurk your room steward was, I had a few bottles and left them on the counter. Gave the room steward $20 bucks and told her to keep my ice bucket full and clean glasses fresh. I also told her to help her self if she wanted.... at the end of the week I gave her what was left.. :D She was happy!!

Did you decrease her tip?

Steve <-----I would have asked her if she wanted to keep her tip first.

I sure wouldn't have tipped if I didn't have a water class the whole time.

Also when we stayed in suites, they have a fridge and all those bar classes. Had to use them:)

Almost every cruise line is doing this now. They loose lots of money if you bring your own.

You wouldn't think about bringing your own bottle into your local tavern, would you?

Promise you they DON"T lose money on me. Most people that bring their own are drinking it in their rooms (where you cannot get a drink)... We spent nearly $800 in 4 days for 2 people in booze... we brought along 2 bottles... we would not have spent ANY more had we NOT brought them because we only drank from our own when we were in our cabin... And as a matter of fact, there are still MANY places in the country where you have to bring your own bottle to a tavern, LOL... still lots of dry counties around :D

I would have said something to her or offered her an extra tip for clean glasses and a full ice bucket... but she did not introduce herself the whole time. I didnt even know who she was until the second to last day when we went back to our room and she was cleaning it..... by that point, our bottle was almost done. And believe me, they didnt lose alot of money from us bringing our own bottle. Our bar bill was still a couple hundred dollars. Like someone else said, we only drank it when we were in our rooms. (PS... we did decrease her tip, but not by much.. i felt bad.. I guess im a sucker.... lol :) )

By all means, bring your own on ... we filled a huge Sam's Club empty plastic Listerine bottle filled with dark rum and enjoyed Rum and Diet Cokes the whole cruise and still spent hundreds on our SS card ... I just wish I would have brought more on :D

Very Important - wrap your alcohol in sealed PLASTIC Bags in your checked in luggage !! Should it leak, it would be horrible for everyone else as well as you (leaking on other luggage) - also your little ice bucket is filled every night and morning with ice and you can always roll on a collapsible cooler with Diet Cokes and water (do not add ice yet) fill it in the room - or tip your room steward for this. Have fun .......:cool:

LOL, actually we remember it a bit TOO much! It is funny, but anytime I am in the caribbean, alcohol never seems to affect me! LOL! The drinks on the ship were not too strong, so it wasn't so bad. That total also included a nice bottle of wine on two nights, and I also drink a couple of very nice ports after dinner... so it was not $800 of $3.25 beers, LOL... we had a great time and when on vacation, have fun from the minute we wake up:D Intend to do just as much damage in October, and then some :eek:

On our last cruise on the Conquest, we put a case of beer in our luggage and it all was delivered to our room. Our room stewart even filled our little cooler everyday and put more beer in it to get cold for us. She was wonderful. And yes she receive a large tip at the end of the cruise.

Just returned from the 5 day cruise on the Holiday. All four of us had a bottle of liquor in our checked baggage and they all made it through. I also bought a bottle of liquor in each port and carried it back on and they did not take it away.

We bought another bottle on the ship and they let us carry it to our room but that was on the last night.

Great prices in port too. They had 3 liter bottles of Crown Royal for $40.00. Too good to pass up :)

Funny thing is - I never even opened my bottle of Vodka. It was so much easier to park it by the pool and let the waiters bring you another one :D

Archived