town car services seattle for 4

dmen131

Hi,

We have 4 adults (8 pieces of luggage). We do not want to take a shuttle service to our hotel (the Grand Hyatt) from SeaTac. We also decided against renting a car since it is only for one day. What is the best way to get from the airport to our hotel?

I have read a lot of reports on the Town Cars (Executive, Falcon and Towne Pointe). However, I guess my question is with 4 adults and a fair amount of luggage, would we all fit? Should we instead get two taxis? Should we reserve ahead of time or just get the service when we arrive and see how we fit?

Is it $35 each way plus tip whether I reserve ahead or do it at the airport? And taxis are $25 each way plus tip, correct?

Thank you for your help!

We took the Greyline from the airport to the hotel. 8 dollars a person. We took a town car from the Warwick to the pier. There was 8 of us with 16 pieces of luggage. We took 2 cars. There was plenty of room. I can't remember if it was 12 or 18 dollars. Enjoy your cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Renting a car might work well. We did that and took a roundabout trip into the city and saw some sites along the way. They went by the hotel, dropped luggage and returned car down the street. Walked 4 blocks back to the hotel, though I think they would have provided a taxi. Was a great idea.

When we flew into Seattle this summer we had no arrangements to get from the airport to the hotel. In the baggage area there were all kinds of signs and directions to get available transportation. We ended up calling a number for a limo that came right to the exit we were standing near. The limo came within 5 or 10 minutes and would have been able to accomodate 4 easily(we only had 2). When the driver dropped us off he gave us his card and we called the day before we needed to be picked up for our return flight. He showed up the exact time we arranged for pickup. Unfortunately I no longer have the name of the company but my understanding is that this is normal procedure in Seattle and this good service is provided by most of the reputable limo services. We also took many cabs the few days we were there and found everyone tourist friendly.

We had six people with luggage. I had reserved a limo and it was nowhere to be found. In inquired at the transportation counter at baggage claim and she had a stretch limo for us within 2 minutes at curbside and it was only about $30 to the W in downtown Seattle. Great service and much less expensive than a shuttle.

Gary

Archived