New Year's Eve/04

xsnowman99

DH and I are booking a New Year's Cruise aboard Wind Surf. We will dock in St. Maarten (not sure if we dock on Frebch side or Dutch--here's hoping it is the French side since that is our favorite!)on 12/31 until 1/1 (2am). My husband loves a particular French (duh---now why wouldn't it be?) restaurant (cannot remember the name) that does whole lobsters outside on a barbeque grill. We are hoping to do dinner there then head back to the ship. My question is does the town 'shut down' for later celebrations for New Year's? The restaurant is next door to Vin Rose'. Thanks for any insight you can give us. We love to visit St Maarten and are looking forward to being there again!!

I can't speak to the specifics of New Year's Eve, but check [url="http://www.sxm-restaurants.com/marigot/marigot_waterfront.html"]this map[/url].

Might you be thinking of [url="http://www.sxm-restaurants.com/marigot/oizeaurare/index.html"]L'Oizeau Rare[/url]?

We HAVE seen Windstar ships in Marigot, never in Philipsburg.

Wrong restaurant. I know where the one you are speaking of is located..and it is a lovely place. However, the one I am talking about is located more in the middle of town. If you stand at the taxi stand and look across the street, it would be on your left (sort of towards where they set up the market). It is just open seating outside. Last time I was there, there was a chicken wandering around the diners. Theyhave a great pizza in addition to the barbeque where they do the whole lobsters, prawns, etc. We did dock at Marigot last time. Was so convenient. DH has been looking forward to his lobster. Trying to figure out if we can have dinner there on news years eve and still do the celebration on the ship. Thanks for the help!

Archived