No Cave-Tubing Feb-May???

toledo

My 2008 Fodor's Belize guide states that river levels may be too low for cave-tubing during the dry season. Has anyone ever encountered this problem? Are some areas better than others? Of course, I'm also hoping that Carnival's Miracle ship is still going to Belize in March.

My 2008 Fodor's Belize guide states that river levels may be too low for cave-tubing during the dry season. Has anyone ever encountered this problem? Are some areas better than others? Of course, I'm also hoping that Carnival's Miracle ship is still going to Belize in March.

I checked with my sources and yes, Miracle is coming back to Belize, and no, the river levels are not so low during Feb-May that cave tubing is scrapped. The river is absolutely great at this time of the year, and, depending on which guide/company you go with, you will thoroughly enjoy this fantastic tour. This is the time when some of the guides in Belize who truly know this cave system can show the guests even more for their money, and continue having lots of safe fun. You may want to check out this tour thru ***** and email Major Tom for his thoughts about the tour this time of year. I know he knows what he is talking about as knowledegeable as he is, being one of the oldest tour operators of the caves.

Thanks, Curtis, for the reassurance on water levels.

One other question about the water. I assume it's fresh water because it's a river, right? My son is bothered by salt water so I need to make sure he'll enjoy it.

Water is fresh and quite tasty when I accidently got a mouthful !!!

You will have a wonderful time...

Archived