No Cruise Docs??

penk99

We are scheduled for the 10/20/07 cruise on the Noordam. I spoke with the online travel agency yesterday because I wanted to know if they had received our cruise docs yet. She asked if we'd been on HAL's website to complete the express boarding pass, which we had. She said that there wouldn't be any paper docs for the cruise and that we should just print out the information from the website and bring it when when we board. This seems odd to me, as I remember receiving docs last year when we went to Alaska on the Westerdam. She mentioned we'd receive a "welcome package" with a letter and luggage tags 7 to 10 days prior to the cruise. Does this seem right?:confused:

We are in the same cruise and I just got an email from my TA telling me she had sent our docs out. I had completed the online form (I don't think that has anything to do with getting them). Only thing is that we have a pre and post hotel package.

I know not everyone on our roll call has them yet although they do seem to be coming in now.

I haven't heard that HAL has yet gone to e-docs completely. But I think it's enevitable. The boarding pass is proof you're paid and on the manifest. Right now the coupon in the pre-cruise-docs booklet is really only needed by those who don't have internet access.

This is simply your online TA's doing, not HAL. The "Welcome Package" will probably be your docs sent out very belatedly by the TA.

We received documents for our 10/31 cruise the day after Labor Day. We booked direct, but another roll call member is still waiting for docs from her TA. The TA was expecting them this week.

Our docs were shipped before we did the online immigration etc. form, so that has nothing to do with getting the docs.

We got our docs over 2 weeks ago for 10/21 Veendam. We did our own air so you get your docs ear;ier that way. We also had the voucher for bus to and from the airport so no way to e-ticket that.

I agree with the above poster that said the TA is the one that will be sending that "welcome package".

They really are just a piece of paper, but having it in your hand doing the dance is so much fun.

We booked direct and got our docs Tuesday for our 11-03-07 sailing. It seems like the first time we went we got them about a month in advance. I was surprised to see them this early. Now I'm on pins and needles waiting for the cabin assignment:rolleyes: Deb

Got mine yesterday for our November 10 Noordam cruise (still pretty tired after dancing all night ;) ). I'm using a brick & mortar TA this time, and I could see that HAL had shipped the docs and they had been received by the TA, so I just went in and picked them up.

I think your TA is just saving themselves some money -- it's a pretty hefty package, with the shorex brochure and all, but I love having the pretty blue wallet :D

Bonnie

I just booked our b2b Sept. 26 cruise on Tuesday and our online TA said he would DHL our packet to us just as soon as he gets it from HAL. HAL certainly DOES have document packages; they are the nicest we've had and I like to get the information to leave with family plus the luggage tags, etc.

Your TA is apparently trying to save the shipping money. SOME lines are only doing e-documents now but NOT HAL.

You should insist. You paid for them.

I love our online company...........we talk with them personally to book, etc.

Hellp Penk99! We are booked on the same cruise you are on! Check out the roll call.

I got a call from my TA (local) Tuesday and she said she had all of my docs ready. We are booked verandah guarantee, and she said our cabin assignment wasn't ready yet, so I am just going to let the docs sit at her office until we either get assigned a cabin or until a couple of weeks before the cruise. I know she'll have a packet with the itinerary in it, she already gave me the know before you go booklet which would be in it, our actual docs will be in it, and our luggage tags.

I guess different TA's handle things differently. We've used Olivia for years; she's great!

Counting the days,

Shay

let me ask you? Are you on any special pricing rate like interline, or something? If so, no you will not get docs. otherwise you should get them, but remember as much as we all look forward to our docs arriving they are not necessary and within a year or so, if not sooner every cruise line will follow in Princess and NCLs path offering only E docs.

Nita

Nita - We aren't using any special pricing rate like interline. We booked at the end of April and paid our final payment at the end of July. We made our own airline arrangements with JetBlue.

Now I'm thinking that the TA is just blowing me off, trying to save some money in the process. Although I'll be disappointed if nothing comes to my doorstep, at least I know its not completely necessary to have something in my hot little hand when we get to NY to board. It's so strange that it's not consistent across the board with different TAs! Oh well, what can I do?:rolleyes:

Archived