What to do when just hanging out?

erRN2be

We are planning on just walking around in Cozumel. Doing a little shopping, hitting a resteraunt and there was a "had to see bar" (which of course I can't find the paper I wrote the name on). Are there any suggestions about what you can do in Cozumel within walking distance of the dock or even possibly a cab ride. Also are there any places that are just awesome to shop at or eat at that you would say were just musts in cozumel?

There are three piers so it depends where you are if you can just walk. Carlos 'n Charlies is the must see/visit bar. We liked shopping at Viva Mexico. Big with large selection and fixed prices. Also some free beaches just a short taxi ride away.

Carlos n Charlies...that's it. Thank you so much :) Question though are children allowed in the resteraunt part? ( I had heard that there was a resteraunt in the b ack or on the top?)

Where is Carlos n Charlies actually located????

Personally, I like to go shopping at Los Cinco Sols, and have a drink at their bar which I think is called Pancho's Patio, or something like that. The store has just about everything that you can think of from tee shirts to handicrafts and jewelry. It's located at the far end of Ave Rafael Melgar (hey, don't flame me for my spelling as I know some of it's probably off). C&C's is on the same street, which also happens to be the main drag along the water front. The piers are all located on Melgar. Easy to catch a cab and just go to the center of down town San Miguel (only town on the island).

Good bars, good restaurants (Guido's is a must for anyone who has ever been to Cozumel before, and even for those who haven't), and some great shopping abound. Just depends on what you want to do. Some places (C&C's among them) are defintely not for the kids (those under the age of 17 / 18), nor for those who aren't among the "party hearty" crowd.

Good beaches....well, Chankahnab Park is really fine for a good "all around" experience. Also easy to get to and from via taxi from the pier.

Anyway that's my take. My girlfriend, and I, will be there on the NCL Sea on 10/11 (sailing on 10/9). Her first time in Cozumel, my.......I've lost count.

DB

[b][color=darkslategray][/color][/b][b]RN - I've seen you at the Carnival board, so I guess you're sailing on a Carnival ship...? If so, you will [i]probably[/i] be docking at the Puerta Maya Pier (Carnival owns it), but there are two other piers...one in the downtown area and one further down from the PM Pier. If you're at the PM Pier, you'll have to take a taxi. (There's good shopping at the pier, as well.)[/b]

[b]My first time on Cozumel, I didn't go to any of the parks. I grabbed a cab and went downtown (San Miguel). I spent the entire day roaming around the shops and ended up at Plaza del Sol, sipping margaritas while taking in the local color. There is a little 'wall' you can sit on around the Plaza del Sol (town square, I guess you could call it), and at various times of the day they had MX dancers, music, and singing. Lots of smaller shops there with less expensive pricing, I thought. I had lunch at an al fresco restaurant right next to the square - great food and very reasonable! To get to the square - just look for the HUGE Mexican flag near the water ... it's a block or two behind that. [/b]

Archived