Flying into FFL, cruising out of Miami

We are flying into FFL 2 days before our cruise and we are cruising out of Miami.

1. Looking for a hotel to stay before cruise, we have to consider tranportation. I was thinking of staying in FLL, and taking the free airport shuttle from hotel to FFL airport, and then taking a shuttle of some sort to the Miami Port from FFL airport.

2. I then need to get back to FFL airport post cruise for a 4:00 flight.

I was thinking I could get a hotel closer to the Miami Port. We basically just wanted to beach it in Florida for one day so it doesn't matter which beach.

Does anyone know a hotel right in the middle of both cities that has a free shuttle from FFL Airport to Hotel, and from Miami airport to hotel?

Thanks.

We are flying into Fort Lauderdale the day before our cruise and leaving out of the Port of Miami as well. We are going to rent a car from Dollar because they offer free shuttles from the miami airport to the Port of Miami and then they will pick you up after the cruise and take you to MIA to get your rental car and then you can drive it back to FLL. We are staying at the La Quinta Miami Airport East since its under $120 a night and since we will have a rental then we can just drive to where we need to go instead of taking a taxi/shuttle. between the airfare and rental car it is still way cheaper to fly into FLL than miami for us/and having to pay for a shuttle into miami and back.

Hope that helps.. let me know if you have anymore questions.

Archived