Final payment date

RSteele

I have a question about the due date for the final payment. Does everyone booked on the Galaxy on Thanksgiving Day have the same final payment date? Just wondering if there will be cabins that open up after that particular date (Sept. 16th for me and my group)...or if it's different depending on when one books their cruise. :confused:

I have a question about the due date for the final payment. Does everyone booked on the Galaxy on Thanksgiving Day have the same final payment date? Just wondering if there will be cabins that open up after that particular date (Sept. 16th for me and my group)...or if it's different depending on when one books their cruise. :confused:

The final payment date established by Celebrity is the same for everyone on a particular cruise. However, while most travel agents will allow you to give them the final payment on Celebrity's due date, there are some travel agents that require you to do so at an earlier point in time. Whenever I book a cruise I always compare the dates in the travel agent's agreement with those from Celebrity. I personally think that travel agents who require payment at an earlier point in time than Celebrity do so to make extra money on the float.

In answer to the other half of your question - "do cabins become available?"

Usually there will be a number of them that become available as the due date approaches as TA's release ones they were holding and people change their minds and transfer their deposit to another cruise or cancel altogether.

After your final payment is made, you can usually upgrade to a higher level cabin (and pay the difference), but they usually don't let you change to a lower level and expect any $$ back.

I say yes it is the same for everyone. If you are interested in a particular cabin/category, you can waitlist one cabin through Celebrity (used to be able to do several). I have gotten an aft cabin on final payment day do to cancellations, etc.

Usually the travel agent will make the final payment date earlier than the date requested by the cruiseline because clients often do not respond to initial contacts for final payment. Sometimes they are given credit cards that are maxed out, or one number off, or a debit card that has no money in the account. You would be surprised at what people do to avoid that final large chunk of money. And if you notice, your credit card is always charged by the cruise line directly. The travel agent does not have the benefit of floating your money at all; it is simply called in by the agent to the cruiseline. Once the client passes the 70 day mark prior to the cruise without payment, the cruiseline could actually cancel the reservation. People do change their mind right at the time of final payment, receive their deposit in full, and those cabins are opened up for general reservations at the current prevailing rate. Hope this helps...

Archived