Taxi/Car Rental in Vancouver and Anchorage

maggie909

We are returning our pre-cruise rental car at the Hornby Street Avis location. How far is this from Canada Place dock? Will we be able to get a cab from Avis to dock fairly easily? Also, we are taking cruise rail transfer from Whittier to Anchorage and want to rent a car in Anchorage? Any suggestions for car rental other than the Anchorage Airport? Maybe near the train depot?

I have walked from Avis in Vancouver- without luggage and mobility limitations- EASY- all downhill. Just drop off everyone and luggage before, down the ramp to the porters. If you are taking the cruise contracted rail- it stops at the airport- I would rent from there since won't you be returning it there too?? In the airport there is Thrify, Payless, Alamo along with National, Avis, Hertz, Budget, Dollar. Compare them for the best rates. I don't know of any rentals at the depot?? There probably are some downtown rentals at hotels?

Too many posts to know who is doing what and where, so I'll just state that we picked up our National/Alamo rental AT Canada Place, office in the lobby. It was parked in P1 level right below the cruise terminal. YMMV.

Archived