costa serena lost luggage

danceman

When my wife, myself and our 3 children (triplets aged 7) all disembarked the costa serena at 10.00am in Venice recently, one of our cases was missing. It transpired that the label had come off which must happen from time to time. However, we had to wait 2 hours in the baggage hall looking through each set of cases that come off. 2 hours later it had not arrived but we were not alone....there were now around 12 other people who had no luggage either! As the last truck came in we realised our missing case was in the very last truck ....along with the other 12 people's!.....costa had put all of the 'no label' luggage to one side and then brought it out at the very end rather then bring it out as they found it. There was no seating in the baggage hall at all and along with hundreds of people pulling cases about, porters with trolleys and baggage trains coming in and out every few minutes, it was an uncomfortable place and also dangerous for children. I'd like to see one of costa's bosses contain 3 seven year olds for 2 hours with no seats or anything to do while trying to find a case and at the same time prevent your kids from getting run over!

Not only did we miss our tour of Venice with our friends but there was now not enough time to even go into Venice but insead we had to go straight to the airport and sit there longer than we needed to.

Has anyone else had this problem?

icon8.gif

Sorry for your inconvenience. Guess I'll put 2 luggage tags on each piece of luggage from now on (thanks for the warning).

I have had luggage lost by the airlines, but never by the cruise staff - good thing you got it back before going home

This has happened to my family when we've flown. The last time was just 2 months ago. I didn't have time to wait, so we registered our luggage as lost with the airline representative and left. My suitcase was delivered the next day to the place where we were staying.

Did the Costa rep. give you the option to have it delivered when it was found?

no, they never offered to have it delivered although we were flying back to the UK the same day. If they had, i might still have opted to wait and see if it turned up as i had things in it i wanted and id have felt uneasy trusting them to find it. What we thought had happened was that someone had taken the wrong case by mistake but that turned out not to be the situation. Just bad luck i suppose but i still think they should off load unlabled luggage as and when its found rather than grouping it together and leaving it to the end.

I`m sorry you had all that hassle with your cases,it must have been really hard work entertaining 3 7 year olds.we are sailing on the serena in october.did you enjoy the rest of the cruise or was it all that bad?did you have the x1drinks package?if so was it worth the money?sorry so many questions but I can`t find out any info on this ship.:confused:

I`m sorry you had all that hassle with your cases,it must have been really hard work entertaining 3 7 year olds.we are sailing on the serena in october.did you enjoy the rest of the cruise or was it all that bad?did you have the x1drinks package?if so was it worth the money?sorry so many questions but I can`t find out any info on this ship.:confused:

yes, we had the x1 drinks package...good value. Our kids didnt like the kids club...said it was the worst they had been to and they were the only english speaking kids in it....consequently everything was in italien. We had a mixed cruise, loved the nightlife and entertainment, hated the smokers and overcrowding. Food and service was fairly good....ports of call were good.

have a good cruise

Archived