Now that the wedding is over.....

JPerry

Now that the wedding is over and all the hustle and bustle is done, I dont know what to do with myself :(. I guess i got used to the craziness of planning a wedding and now i feel weird not having anything to be crazy about.

I planned for 1 year, and its all over. Does anyone else feel this way?

It's not yet all over for us - but my fiancee and I have talked about this over the last few months. We totally know we'll feel slightly sad when it's done (but blissfully happy in marriage of course). We've planned in a couple of other fun projects - planning a new deck, getting in shape, and so on...there's a lifetime of different projects!!!

There truly is a letdown period I think when you've obsessed over wedding plans...just to be aware and know is one thing! Oh - why not work on wedding albums, scrapbooking and journalling your experience!!

Now that the wedding is over and all the hustle and bustle is done, I dont know what to do with myself :(. I guess i got used to the craziness of planning a wedding and now i feel weird not having anything to be crazy about.

I planned for 1 year, and its all over. Does anyone else feel this way?

How funny... I'm SOOOOO thrilled its over! ;)

We planned a Reception for everyone who could not come to the wedding... so I still have some planning to do. Plus sending out thank you notes, announcements cards, duplicating pictures, changing my drivers license/social security/passport, bank accounts, credit cards, insurance policies, etc etc etc.... I have the longest list of stuff to do!

I'm envious that you are done!!

My wedding was almost 7 months ago. So hard to believe, time really goes by fast. It was such a great time we decided to celebrate our 1st anniversary on the same ship and alot of our family have decided to come along. I love following along with all the future brides and their planning. Good luck to the future brides (and grooms) and congrats to all the newlyweds.

It's pretty common to get post-wedding blues, because you've been on such an amped-up stressed-out adrenaline rush for an extended period of time. I like the idea of working on some scrapbook projects or some kind of journaling to really bring the whole experience together. Then you will have something really beautiful and meaningful that you can pull out and look at together & remember your wonderful day!

I was more relieved and happy that it went so well!:D I think when we first got back I was so busy with putting together our wedding albums, opening wedding gifts, and sending out thank you cards that I didn't have time to be down. Now we've been married for almost 5 months and I'm still doing little stuff like completing my name change stuff and planning our honeymoon trip. Every now and then I think both DH and I have a little post-wedding blues but then some family member or friend will comment on how great it was and how much they enjoyed themselves and we perk back up!:)

Archived