What cruise line?

JPerry

My husband and I just got married on RCCL Monarch of the Seas, last week. It was our first cruise and we had the best vacation ever. We loved Royal Caribbean, the food was wonderful, the service was great, and we just had so much fun. We want to plan another cruise for next year but we were thinking of trying another cruise line. We need suggestions. :D

It's rather difficult to give suggestions without a little more information. What age are you? What do YOU want in a cruise? Where do you want to go? Do you have a budget? What time of year? How long a cruise? Any special itinerary? Do you want a hopping cruise or one that's a little more low key? See, there are so many variables. BUT, if you loved RCCI as much as you seem, why change? If that line provided everything you wanted on a cruise, perhaps just trying another ship from the same line. Monarch is quite an old ship, so something newer might be a little more interesting. Another thing to remember is: the first cruise is always special and being the first experience, you will view it as wonderful. But you'd be surprised by how different you might view things once you have a few more cruises under your belt. I remember my first cruise fondly, but now that I have more than 50, I realize that there's so much more out there.

So, give us a little more information and we can perhaps guide you in a different direction.

If you want to try another line that is generally considered comparable to RCL then you might try Princess. If you wish to go up half a star or so then you might try Celebrity which is owned by RCL or Holland America. More personal profile would be helpful

Hi! I definitely would stay with the best. I tried just about all the others and well my experiences have been very bad. My dear wife and I are booked on the Carnival Glory this year, and well they are the only ship that doesn't know where it is going replacing Costa Maya. Last year we were on the Crown Princess, and well to say the least the last comments by one of their staff was worth the price of admission when he saw my Royal Caribbean card.

Another thing to consider is the fact that you already have a cruise under your belt with RCI, so its one less cruise on your way to get to the diamond or platinum status. I would definitely get your gold card for some little incentives for your next cruise.

Here's a little saying that I went on a cruise with my mom when she was alive. She was 75 years old at the time, and said that Holland America was for " all those who were nearly dead". She was a ball of fire until the day she died, and felt that Holland America was not for her.

A good cruise would be for you to get on board for The Adventure of the Seas. Great ship great people, great ports, I would ask that you say hello to some people on board but then you would have to say hello to every one including "EL Catain". My wife and I were at a private cocktail party with both he and his lovely wife and the hotel director and his other half.

So I would stay with Royal Caribbean.

I've cruised Carnival twice and Royal Caribbean once - couldn't tell the difference. I mentioned this in another thread recently, and someone there agreed, they're incredibly comparable lines. Thus if you just want to try something "different" and enjoyed RC, I'd suggest Carnival.

Royal Caribbean is a very good cruise line. I would also recommend Celebrity Cruise Line, it may be a little better than Royal Cribbean. I think that you should also consider Carnival Cruise Line, they really are a lot of fun, in my opinion and very similar to Royal Caribbean. I am not loyal to any cruise line, I have very much enjoyed every cruise that I have been on. That reminds me, in two weeks I will be on the Carnival Glory.

Get that next cruise booked, life is just better if you have a cruise booked.

My husband and I just got married on RCCL Monarch of the Seas, last week. It was our first cruise and we had the best vacation ever. We loved Royal Caribbean, the food was wonderful, the service was great, and we just had so much fun. We want to plan another cruise for next year but we were thinking of trying another cruise line. We need suggestions. :D

Hi Jessica! Loved the pictures! They brought back memories from our sons wedding on the Monarch in 2004. They even have some of the same photo shots as you guys. Beautiful!

As far as another cruise.... you guys are a young couple and I would suggest trying Carnival. The "fun ship". It attracts young couples such as you guys. Our son and daughter in law have sailed on 5 Carnival ships since their wedding and can't get enough LOL!

Good luck on your next cruise!

Archived