Complaint of the Week #18

Philip217

• Administrators
The reason 97 people complained was because there were not enough chairs for them.

The reason 98 people had to "reserve" the chairs was because there were not enough chairs to go around.

The simple solution is to provide as many chairs as the demand requires, and no one will complain (apart from the cruise company's treasurer:D )

Hm. Having been on a pool deck and seen scads of chairs empty other than a towel (or book in the case of the enterprising couple mentioned above -- I figure, honey, if you wanna work that hard during your cruise, more power to ya) -- I don't think there are enough chairs or deck space on the entire ship to allow the determined chair hogs "their" empty chairs alongside other passengers actually using the chairs. In general chair hogs don't try to reserve "a" chair because they may not be able to get one -- they try to reserve the premium chairs, often a lot of them at one time, just in case later that day they decide to amble out and occupy "their" primo right-by-the-pool chairs.

Personally, I thought it was great that Philip's ship is taking the complaints by those who aren't chair hogs seriously enough to be taking some steps sufficient to tick off the chair hogs. I think the balance in the complaints reflects they are doing something right!

It is so hard for me to imagine that 98 people actually complained that the reservation rules for deck chairs were too strict or too strictly inforced. It is really hard to imagine because that means at least 98 different people on one cruise were told they could not reserve their deck chair so long. And those are just the ones who complained, because it is hard to imagine that everyone who was told about reserving deck chaoirs actually bothered to file a written complaint.

Usually enforcement is quite lax in regards to deck chair reserving. Some pool attendent must have been especially zealous in his duties to take that many passengers to task in one cruise. Well, good for him. I hope he is getting promoted to the theater at night so he can put a stop to reserving entire rows of seats there.:D

What shall we do???

It seems that the pool is the common denominator here, but removing that would be awful for us all?

You could of course create a new revenue line and hire 'em out?

Look at the positives with this - you could eliminate both sets of complainers in one go . . . . . :eek:

Anyone hogging a chair then dissapearing for a few hours to join the underwater basket weaving class before returning to a sun starched towel, in my opinion should be keel hauled. I believe it was a most painfull punishment at sea in the olden days and the recipitent certainly wouldnt want to lie down for the rest of the cruise....!

Archived