Elation Debarkation Question

SDPadreFan

Just wondering if the Elation has converted to the "NUMBER" system or is still on the "COLOR" system for debarkation.

Also, has anyone used the computer printed luggage tags for embarkation. A member on our Roll Call printed out all of his boarding package on his printer instead of receiving it in the mail. Are these things durable enough. I advised them to also put a copy in the slip pocket on the outside of their luggage.

Just wondering if the Elation has converted to the "NUMBER" system or is still on the "COLOR" system for debarkation.

Also, has anyone used the computer printed luggage tags for embarkation. A member on our Roll Call printed out all of his boarding package on his printer instead of receiving it in the mail. Are these things durable enough. I advised them to also put a copy in the slip pocket on the outside of their luggage.

Yes it has, or is "trying" to. Yes, we did, and it worked out fine. Just printed the tags out. We loved out trip on the Elation. Embarkation was great, very quick, no hassles and nothing that even looked like a line. Arrival at the terminal to being on the ship took no more then 10 min.

We cannot say the same for disembarkation. It seemed confused, and they did not offer, would not allow self-disembarkation. We did not find this out until we had headed toward the gangway and were told it was not allowed and I quote, "Did you go to the disembarkation talk? Well, if you had, you would have known self disembarkation was not allowed" (add a really snotty, bitchy tone for full effect) Several people there at the time all at once said you got to be kidding.... This "wonderful" Carnival person with the attitude kept insisting people attempting to self-disembark would be required to go up to the Lido deck and wait.

To make a long story short, she turned her back to be snotty with some other people and a group of us went past her. However, the surprise was on us, once in the hallway, we were stopped along with the 1 & 2 group and we all got to wait in a hot hallway for about 20-30 min. Once that line got going it went fast, no hassles. With-in 10 min we were past Customs and heading out of the terminal.

Just a bit more, while we were finally heading down the gangplank, we heard 3,4,5,6,7,8,9 called All at once. I bet that was fun! Also, if you get to chat with "Miss personality", point out to her that there was only ONE disembarkation talk and the Mikado will only hold a small percentage of all the passengers at once.

Disembarkation aside, we loved our cruise on Elation, we have already booked another one for Jan 08.

I used the print out luggage tag (Sept. 3) and it apparently got torn off because my luggage was late arriving and it ended up having a tag put on by someone else, as it was a regular tag. My advice is to get a regular tag put on, when at pier.

I also found out they are no longer letting you self-disembark. I went to the front desk to inquire the day before leaving the ship. Fortunately, I was traveling with a Platinum member so we were number 1. We were off the ship by 8:30. I also noticed that when we were leaving they were calling all numbers 1-9, so it went very quickly and I imagine it was a mess a shortwhile after. If you have an early flight you can arrange with the Purser's office to be in Group 1, HOWEVER, you do not find this out until the last night, that is why I am mentioning it here.

I carried my suitcase off but, unfortunately, did not discover until the morning I was leaving that they broke one of my wheels off, so that was real fun. I know I arrived at the pier with two. As a side note, they really messed up my friends luggage also. It's why I no longer by expensive luggage. Unfortunately, hers was expensive and she is dealing with Carnival on it.

I had a great cruise on the Elation and can't wait to go again. I'm even looking at a sailing next month, but am trying to resist and wait until our Spirit cruise Nov. 4.

Marie

Yes it has, or is "trying" to. Yes, we did, and it worked out fine. Just printed the tags out. We loved out trip on the Elation. Embarkation was great, very quick, no hassles and nothing that even looked like a line. Arrival at the terminal to being on the ship took no more then 10 min.

We cannot say the same for disembarkation. It seemed confused, and they did not offer, would not allow self-disembarkation. We did not find this out until we had headed toward the gangway and were told it was not allowed and I quote, "Did you go to the disembarkation talk? Well, if you had, you would have known self disembarkation was not allowed" (add a really snotty, bitchy tone for full effect) Several people there at the time all at once said you got to be kidding.... This "wonderful" Carnival person with the attitude kept insisting people attempting to self-disembark would be required to go up to the Lido deck and wait.

To make a long story short, she turned her back to be snotty with some other people and a group of us went past her. However, the surprise was on us, once in the hallway, we were stopped along with the 1 & 2 group and we all got to wait in a hot hallway for about 20-30 min. Once that line got going it went fast, no hassles. With-in 10 min we were past Customs and heading out of the terminal.

Just a bit more, while we were finally heading down the gangplank, we heard 3,4,5,6,7,8,9 called All at once. I bet that was fun! Also, if you get to chat with "Miss personality", point out to her that there was only ONE disembarkation talk and the Mikado will only hold a small percentage of all the passengers at once.

Disembarkation aside, we loved our cruise on Elation, we have already booked another one for Jan 08.

We normally do not go to the briefings (port visits, debarkation, etc.) because it seems like they are always shilling for Bingo games. We do however watch the replay's on the ships tv's in our stateroom. The only real disadvantage to this is you can't participate in the question & answer period. If we have questions, there is always the pursers desk.

Just a note for your January cruise. We sailed Carnival Spirit in Feb 2005. Your first and last day at sea can be somewhat cold up on deck. It will get warmer on your way down. We found that our last day before returning to San Diego was fairly cool and we didn't spend a lot of time on deck that day. Even colder that night. Other than that it was fantastic. We are taking Spirit to Hawaii next April 2008

I used the print out luggage tag (Sept. 3) and it apparently got torn off because my luggage was late arriving and it ended up having a tag put on by someone else, as it was a regular tag. My advice is to get a regular tag put on, when at pier.

I also found out they are no longer letting you self-disembark. I went to the front desk to inquire the day before leaving the ship. Fortunately, I was traveling with a Platinum member so we were number 1. We were off the ship by 8:30. I also noticed that when we were leaving they were calling all numbers 1-9, so it went very quickly and I imagine it was a mess a shortwhile after. If you have an early flight you can arrange with the Purser's office to be in Group 1, HOWEVER, you do not find this out until the last night, that is why I am mentioning it here.

I carried my suitcase off but, unfortunately, did not discover until the morning I was leaving that they broke one of my wheels off, so that was real fun. I know I arrived at the pier with two. As a side note, they really messed up my friends luggage also. It's why I no longer by expensive luggage. Unfortunately, hers was expensive and she is dealing with Carnival on it.

I had a great cruise on the Elation and can't wait to go again. I'm even looking at a sailing next month, but am trying to resist and wait until our Spirit cruise Nov. 4.

Marie

We did Spirit, Feb 2006 to Acapulco, Xtapa, Manzanillo and had a great trip. First day and last day was a little cool outside, until we got closer to Cabo. We had a balcony cabin on the verandah deck and really enjoyed it. We are planning the same thing when Spirit goes to Hawaii in April 2008.

We fortunately don't have to worry about flights, etc. Live in San Diego and just call my sister to come pick us up.

Speaking of luggage damage, check this out. This happened on our Alaska Air flight one year down to Cabo. We own a timeshare there and spend 1 week each year. Alaska was really good about replacing the bag. We filed a claim at the airport in Cabo but replaced the bag back home. Just had to go buy a new one at Costco and then tell them the price. They sent the check with no hassles. Here is the pic.

P5050003.jpg.8678d8abe17217a92eb2764aa234ecc7.jpg

P5050004.jpg.7f4eb7a6da8f52291df74ce984661ae0.jpg

I am hooked on cruising out of San Diego. It is so easy!! Also, I can get a non-stop flight to SD from OKC. My first cruise out of SD was on the Oosterdam in March 2006, and I've been hooked ever since, lol.

It really is amazing how abused the luggage is by the airlines and cruiselines, however, I do understand it to some extent as they have alot of luggage to move very quickly.

Marie

I am hooked on cruising out of San Diego. It is so easy!! Also, I can get a non-stop flight to SD from OKC. My first cruise out of SD was on the Oosterdam in March 2006, and I've been hooked ever since, lol.

It really is amazing how abused the luggage is by the airlines and cruiselines, however, I do understand it to some extent as they have alot of luggage to move very quickly.

Marie

In our case, it appeared like it was melted by something very hot. No internal damage fortunately. We were able to get one of those inexpensive, roll-on type duffel bags at the Costco down in Cabo. We left the burnt bag behind.

We cannot say the same for disembarkation. It seemed confused, and they did not offer, would not allow self-disembarkation. We did not find this out until we had headed toward the gangway and were told it was not allowed and I quote, "Did you go to the disembarkation talk? Well, if you had, you would have known self disembarkation was not allowed" (add a really snotty, bitchy tone for full effect) Several people there at the time all at once said you got to be kidding.... =

Just a bit more, while we were finally heading down the gangplank, we heard 3,4,5,6,7,8,9 called All at once. I bet that was fun! .

I think I will just wait until the last group is going off, no rush. But I suppose cannot wait in stateroom -- just go to a public room to wait??

Where is a good quiet place?

I think I will just wait until the last group is going off, no rush. But I suppose cannot wait in stateroom -- just go to a public room to wait??

Where is a good quiet place?

We always go up to the lido deck and enjoy our coffee until most everyone is off the ship:)

Archived