Wow! just got a $380 credit

I checked Royal Caribbean's web site for our Jan 30 cruise out of Miami on the Radiance and saw the price had been reduced for a Balcony cabin. I called them this morning (I booked my cruise directly through RC) and they told me my credit card would show a $380 credit! I wouldn't have known to watch for price reductions if I hadn't been reading this board! Thanks everyone, drinks are on me. EZ

Did anyone of you guys that got the money back book your cruise through a TA? I have an email out to mine for a rebate on my cruise 9/10. It's almost $200. My TA isn't getting back to me. Do you know if you only get this rebate or credit if you book through RCCL?

Any help would be appreciated! We leave in 2 weeks!

Thanks guys!

Joann

I contacted my TA through email becuase it is more convieniant for me being at work until 5:00. She usually replies faily quickly but for some reason, not on this matter. Since this credit is not available through RCCL website, she may not honor it.

Keep me posted!

That was fun reading the differant drinks people want and all the differant places we come from. That "Black Russian with raspberry stolie" really sounded interesting. I'm gonna have to try that! (I'm a lightweight so I'll join in with the crackers too!)

Cheers, EZ

At what point can I check for price reductions and/or cabin upgrades? Our cruise is 93 days away. I tried last week to do a "fake reservation" to check for a better cabin and our cruise didn't even come up! Does that mean everything is currently reserved and I have to wait until final payments are due to look for cancellations?

I am glad all you guys are getting rebates. My TA told me that she could not honor RCCL special rate for Sept 10 on the Voyager. She said she would be "paying us" to go on vacation if she honored it. She matched an online price when we first booked with her but the special rate is even lower than the price she gave us. But she did offer to take the difference and use it twards our next vacation. Better luck next time! I may even book with the cruise line directly next time.

Would someone please explain these rebates? I waited for months to book my cruise at the best rate. If I had booked it earlier was I guranteed the reduced rate?

This would be very different fom what I understood.

Archived