Baltimore, A cruise departure port????

jwhitlow

• 2 weeks later...

JWHITLOW, there definitely is not a car rental place at the port because it is a working cargo port and not a cruise terminal. You're probably better off just taking a cab from the airport....being a Sunday it shouldn't be that long of a drive with minimal traffic.

We are on the same cruise with you and live about 1 1/2 hours away, and thus are getting to the port via a rental car. Thus I have checked them out and the only option that works for me is to gerent from Hertz which I can then return at the Inner Harbor Marriott after dropping off spouse and luggage. Then take a cab from there to the port (so you might as well just take a cab from the airport).

Also be aware that the Crown is supposedly docking at a different pier than the other cruise ships that are currently sailing out of Baltimore, so make sure to check NCL.com as to which pier. Randy

Thanks gang for the good information. We are flying into Baltimore a day early (from Tampa, fl), renting a car and are going to drop off the luggage the next day at the cruise terminal and returning the car to the airport and taking a taxi back to the terminal. Although it is going to be Sunday, I'll allow enough time for traffice and other things... RandyD, this promises to be a fun cruise well see you onboard.....

Archived