Formalwear Rentals

trish99

Has anyone had experience with renting a tuxedo and having it delivered onboard? My husband is seriously considering this (it would be so much more convenient than packing the suit). Our only concern is do they fit well. He's a big guy -- 6'8" tall and he's worried that they won't get the measurements right.

Trish

Has anyone had experience with renting a tuxedo and having it delivered onboard? My husband is seriously considering this (it would be so much more convenient than packing the suit). Our only concern is do they fit well. He's a big guy -- 6'8" tall and he's worried that they won't get the measurements right.

Trish

I recently hired and ordered a white jacket . . . . unfortunately a black suit was delivered. The onboard guy told me that a white was impossible as there wasn't one on the ship.

They refunded my order which was good of them, so if you are looking for a black suit, you'll be sorted out . . . . if white, you may have problems.

Kevin

Trish

My rents on longer cruises I think they do a great job his always fits fine he is aregular size guy. Lorelle

My DH just did this in July since he did not want to drag a suit to Italy for our cruise. It was very easy and worked well. The instructions include how/what to measure and if you follow their simple instructions it should fit very nicely. You just pack it up the next to the last day of the cruise and the Cabin Steward takes it away. He even rented the shoes, which were fine too.

My husband and son both rent a tux when we cruise. It is so much easier. This past cruise my son rented the combo black tux and white dinner jacket. He looked so handsome in both!! They do a great job, and I would recommend it to anyone. I would say to try it on as soon as you get in your room. If there is any problem go right away to the tux rental guy (they are in the promenade the first day).

Have a wonderful cruise!!

If you have any concerns at all about measurements, print out the measurement form on the formal wear website and have your DH take it to a men's wear shop or a tailor. Most will be happy to do the measurements exactly as requested on the form. That's what we did for my DH and BIL when they decided to rent, rather than lug everything along. Just to make sure it fit exactly right, they both went and got measured. I sent those measurements in and everything was just right. My DH is only 6', but has a long torso, so all his shirts are talls; my DIL is a bit shorter and lanky with long legs. No problem.

beachchick

Just be sure it's in your cabin and you try it on BEFORE the ship sails. DH had rented tuxes on 5 previous cruises with no problem. Last year we were on a 10-day cruise aboard the Jewel and the tux wasn't delivered until after the ship left the dock. Wouldn't you know -- that was the time they delivered a tux that was 3 sizes too small! I still accuse him of deliberately ordering a size he knew wouldn't fit, just so he'd have an excuse not to get dressed up!

Archived