Lirica 12-04-07 & 12-14-07 Back to Back

bugman of bonita

We received our documents also. Not doing back to back but doing the 12/4-12/14 cruise. Not sure I would want to do 20 days in the Caribbean. Our longest cruise was last May, 17 days transatlantic. I tried to develop a cruise roll call on other cruise lines, but not much of a response so far(about 3-4). We are from the East coast of Florida(boca Raton area)

David and Judy

I had replied to David and Judy's roll call for the Lirica for the Dec 4th sailing. It has been a few years since cruising, so I think the 10 day one suits us better. When it gets closer to sailing maybe we can arrange a meeting place to introduce ourselves.

• 2 months later...

Hello Fellow Cruisers:

Our group of eight will be on the MSC Lirica 12/4/07 sailing. Will welcome fellow cruisers to meet up and enjoy a good time onboard?

James and Linda

Tom and Elsie

Richard and Jane

Daniel and Pinky

We received our documents also. Not doing back to back but doing the 12/4-12/14 cruise. Not sure I would want to do 20 days in the Caribbean. Our longest cruise was last May, 17 days transatlantic. I tried to develop a cruise roll call on other cruise lines, but not much of a response so far(about 3-4). We are from the East coast of Florida(boca Raton area)

David and Judy

Maybe we could all meet Wednesday(1st day at sea) at 11:00am on the top deck aft in the disco bar room? This area is generally unoccupied during this time. Just confirm who will be there. John & Shirley from Bonita Springs Florida will be waiting for you. If anyone would like an affordable tour of St Lucia for aprox $25 a person send an email to my friend Winston at baldval@hotmail.com you will not be dissappointed. I have used him before and can't wait to see him again on this trip.

We are also on that cruise. We are from Toronto, Canada and have met David and Judy from Florida on the Roll Call forums.

The four of us have booked with Cosol Tours who had good reviews for his tour, about 5 1/2 hrs. $50.00. I will write and find out about Winston's tour if it is comprable.

Would love to meet everyone on Wed at 11:00am.

Helen and Paul

Here is my response re the St. Lucia trip with Winston, for those of you interested.

Date:Mon, 26 Nov 2007 11:35:56 -0400 #message43061407866553391735119201803621721243413414 { overflow:auto; visibility:hidden }

Hi HelenI do not have a website.Tours are normally between 3 to 6 hours depending on your arrival and departure time.You can visit the Sulphur Springs, Pitons (Heritage site), Diamond Falls, Botanical Gardens, (Trouille Water Fall (Heritage Site), Marigot Bay (Dr. Dolittle and a number of other movies were filmed there), the Distillary( where all our local rums are made and can be sampled for $2.00), Drive through the largest Banana Plantation, Roseau valley, also stop at a number of view points along the way. All these are on the West coast. Then we have in the north with Top of the Morne view point, Pigeon Island (land mark and museum) and Reduit Beach for watersport activities. There are also areas for snorkling (Anse Chastenet in Soufriere) if anyone is interested.The cost for the tour includes are:1 to 4 people - $140 (inclusive of entrance fee to three of the places mentioned above on the west coast.5 and above people -$30 per person (inclusive of the entrance fee for three of the places mentioned above)Snacks and Beverages are included on the trip. The van accommodates 15 persons.Thank you for your enquiry.Winston.

Hi Bugman, are you , or any of your group of eight, booked with Winston for the day tour on Dec. 9th? Just thinking of whether to cancel Cosol Tours . If we had a group of over 5 then it would be $30.00 each, plus you have used him before. It might make for a fun day for the Cruise Critic group.

I will also post this in Roll Call and hope that Judy and David see it and are able to respond . Will post what we decide.

Tahimi, we are already booked with Winstons Company for a private tour with friends who are on a land vacation in St Lucia. I used this company in January 2007 and was very satisfied with their services and prices. I will bring his phone number to our welcome meeting and answer any questions about our experiences with him. Maybe others at the meeting will go as a group?

Maybe we could all meet Wednesday(1st day at sea) at 11:00am on the top deck aft in the disco bar room? This area is generally unoccupied during this time. Just confirm who will be there. John & Shirley from Bonita Springs Florida will be waiting for you. If anyone would like an affordable tour of St Lucia for aprox $25 a person send an email to my friend Winston at baldval@hotmail.com you will not be dissappointed. I have used him before and can't wait to see him again on this trip.

John & Shirley,

Great, we'll look forward to see you on Wednesday.

My wife Edwina and I will also be on the Dec 4 Lirica cruise. It'll be our 7th cruise in the last couple of years. We normally cruise out of Galveston or Port Canaveral (Houston residents), so we're looking forward to the "European" experience. I plan to retire in another year or so and this experience should help prep us for some future cruises overseas. Hope to see you Wednesday in the Disco lounge.

By the way, we'd be interested in the St. Lucia tour with Winston, also.

Dale & Edwina from Houston

My wife Vicki and I are cruising 12/4... this is about our 35th cruise, but our first time with MSC. We have been with Costa, another Italian cruise lines for about five cruises. Just wanted to try something different and the price was right. Hope to seen you all in the "Disco Lounge" at 11:00 am on Wednesday, that's if I can remember. Stan sends

Hi, My name is Carol and my DH is Scott, We are from Alabama, and this will be our first cruise with Lirica, we have sailed on RCCL, Princess, and Carnival. He speaks fluent Italian and lived there for 3 years after college. So we are looking forward to this ship and the European flair!

We will be sailing the Lirica on 2/18/08 to the Carribean. I really hope to meet some more people that will be on our cruise at the same time. But I also hope that those of you that are going in December, will be kind enough to post and tell me how it is. If this cruise works out for us we will take our children with us on the next cruise with Lirica.

Talk Soon,

Carol

Thanks for the weather update for our arrival. In Toronto they are calling for a major snow/ice storm on Sunday. I hope it isn't as bad as called for as flights usually take a day or so to get straighted around.

About the tour with Winston, he did say that entrance fees were covered on 3 of the places on his tour. I forwarded his message in the MSC forum.

Cosol did get a good write up as you said, so I am just going to leave it.

Dale and Edwina, we are also looking forward to meeting you.

Helen and Paul

Archived