Balconies on Transatlantics

Murphey

Like previous poster said a lot has to do with your itinerary AND the time of year.

Now we have 17 cruises but none yet with Princess.

But a balcony is a balcony.

We have enjoyed our balcony on a HAL southern spring transatlantic cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to Rome. That cruise had 5 days straight at sea and we loved staying out on our balcony during those 5 straight sea days. Go eat breakfast, sit on balcony, go get ice tea, sit on balcony, go eat lunch, sit on balcony, go for ice tea, sit on balcony, get ready and go eat dinner, come back sit on balcony.'

Well you get the idea.

We have taken 3 repositionig cruises and have enjoyed our balconies in a similar manner as above.

We have another southern transatlantic cruise booked for next spring.

If the temperature is cool and the "wind chill" form the forward speed of the vessel is making it cool out on the balcony you can always bundle up in a sweater, wind breaker or blanket. Still enjoy that balcony.

So, a definite YES enjoy that balcony.:D

We did a transatlantic in August/September in 2005, Northern Europe to NY. It was a little cool and we had some rain, but I sat outside nearly every day. I had a very lightweight rain jacket with a hood, and I'd just put that on and sit out there, lol. I absolutely LOVE sea air and even love rough seas, so I'm out there most days, even with grey skies.

Archived