Which port would you simply BEACH IT? :)

1newf1not

We are on the Norweigan Star leaving Dec. 10th:

we are in

Acapulco

Ixtapa

Puerta vallarta

Cabo san lucas

We want to just have a beach day :) Or if one of these areas has a highly recommended beach tour kinda thing.

Also...for shoppping...which stop is the best :)

THANKS!!!

I would do a beach day in Cabo. You can take a water taxi to the bars on the beach for around $3 p/p each way. You can get a lounge chair and umbrella if you buy drinks. We hung out at Billigans the last time, but there are a bunch of places if you want to drink/eat and beach it. The Office and Giggling Marlin are in the same stretch. They rent jet skis, kayaks, banana boat rides, etc. there too.

When we were in Zihua, we just walked though the stalls selling native goods, which is a couple of blocks up from where the dock is. There is a bar right across the street from the flea market, called Bandido's, where we would "refresh".

I didn't care for Acapulco. It is the only place I didn't feel safe. We took a tour to see the cliff divers, which was good, but then it continued on driving around forever. If I would have not have been so nervous about being somewhere I had never been, I would have just taken a taxi to see the cliff divers and gone back on the ship.

PV is so easy to do on your own. Just take a taxi downtown and wander around, watch the pole flyers, see the sculptures and sand art on the beach, stop and have a cold beverage. Or schedule a massage at Krystal, which is in walking distance from the ship.

The Mexican Riveria is so easy to do on your own, at your own pace. I find it is so much more enjoyable that way. Have a wonderful trip!

in ixtapa we loved las gatas beach....

you just take a water taxi there, it was nice and relaxing ...

if you want to see pics i have a webshots link, go to the mexico cruise 11/2006 album.. page 8-11 i think..or you can email me anytime

have fun on the star ..

In Zihuatanejo we do both beach and shopping day. We took the water taxi to Las Gatas for a few hours, then spent some time wandering around the town. Zihua has always been a good shopping port for me.

Cabo is ALWAYS a beach day. Take a water taxi or a pedi-cab and spend the day. Aaahh... very relaxing.

Your ship will dock in Zihuatanejo, not Ixtapa. And there really is no reason to go to Ixtapa, it's a built up resort area. On the other hand, Zihua is one of the most charming places you will ever find. Los Gatos beach, a $3 water taxi ride from the tender dock, has great beach, some intriguing restaurants and great swimming. Then head back to town for some very relaxing shopping. The local crafts market, as well as the local stores are great. It was my favorite stop out of six that we made in Mexico.

Archived